M4 crash

Anyone know the cause of this or get stuck in the jams that followed.

This messed up my entire day as i use this stretch of motorway everyday, but hey thats life, just hope all concerned are ok & make a full recovery.

thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage … #community

It was closed nearly all day because of that■■?

On a day when traffic was unusually bad because of Glastonbury…

Good old Police and Highways, im sure they get off on this sort of thing.

Coddy:

The guy is in hospital with life threatening injuries thats why it remained closed

The accident WAS NOT a fatal…

But they still kept the road closed nearly all day, on the surmise he ‘could’ have died, its a total farce nowadays…

But they still kept the road closed nearly all day, on the surmise he ‘could’ have died, its a total farce nowadays…

The car driver died in hospital.Condolencies to his family.

I got messed up on the dirvert and plastic plod sent me down a road with a 10 ton bridge on it would have been fine if my truck didnot weight 43 ton what a ******* ive ended up in a layby till morning now but i dont care will just tip in morning instead.

And yes The car driver did die in hospital. So my Condolencies to his family to.

Coddy:

The police are responsible for closing the motorway, we just provide the resources to do so.

If a person might well die because of an accident the Police have to close the road and treat it as a crime scene in the same way that they do if somebody dies on the scene.

I’m not a road collision investigator so I have to trust them that they get the road open asap.

tony66:
I got messed up on the dirvert and plastic plod sent me down a road with a 10 ton bridge on it would have been fine if my truck didnot weight 43 ton what a ******* ive ended up in a layby till morning now but i dont care will just tip in morning instead.

And yes The car driver did die in hospital. So my Condolencies to his family to.

Where was the 10 t bridge ■■?

Cant rember i just rember seeing the sign for it so i turned around

tony66:

How was the “Plastic Plod” supposed to know of a weight limit on a bridge off network when they primarily work on the motorway?

The Highway Man:
How was the “Plastic Plod” supposed to know of a weight limit on a bridge off network when they primarily work on the motorway?

amazon.co.uk/Truckers-Atlas- … ef=ed_oe_o

The Highway Man:

tony66:

Hmmmm well I dont even know where that bridge is and I work round there and used all the routes around there to get about ■■?

smoker:

The Highway Man:

Somehow I can’t see our bosses getting them just on the off chance we leave the motorway. The police will have okayed the route, so it must have been suitable for them!

Coddy:

Looks like you spoke to soon, looks like they had every reason to keep the road shut. As has already been said the man died lastnight in frenchay hospital & has left behind 2 small children & a wife. He was a male nurse & has saved many lifes.

Condolences to the family :frowning: :frowning:

Think all the people who have been moaning about the road being shut should spare a thought for the family involved. Least they all lived to see another day.

The Highway Man:

smoker:

The Highway Man:

Somehow I can’t see our bosses getting them just on the off chance we leave the motorway. The police will have okayed the route, so it must have been suitable for them!

It’s not a matter of whether YOU leave the motorway, it’s a matter of where you send other people. Surely someone in the office has something that tells them what kind of traffic a road is suitable for, but obviously not.

smoker:
It’s not a matter of whether YOU leave the motorway, it’s a matter of where you send other people. Surely someone in the office has something that tells them what kind of traffic a road is suitable for, but obviously not.

It’s down to the local authorities, council/police/roads engineers to decree if a diversion route is suitable. All we do is send traffic along a pre designated/signed diversion route on my patch. I can’t speak for the other regions in the country.

tyler4164:

Coddy:

Looks like you spoke to soon, looks like they had every reason to keep the road shut. As has already been said the man died lastnight in frenchay hospital & has left behind 2 small children & a wife. He was a male nurse & has saved many lifes.

Condolences to the family :frowning: :frowning:

Think all the people who have been moaning about the road being shut should spare a thought for the family involved. Least they all lived to see another day.

So they should have kept the road shut ALL day, just in case he pegged it, hey lets rope the M/way off and set up a butty bar and sit around cracking jokes. Maybe a few bets to see how long he lasts. C’mon get real, sure he died, his family and kids are upset sure. But down the road some kids may have lost a Dad to Cancer, do you know or care about that…Nope.

Shutting M/ways for these accidents is taking the Michael, thousands of innocent people are having to suffer, its costing the Country, haulage Companies etc, millions a year, and poss its putting such a strain on finances its could cost jobs…

Am I heartless, poss yes, but also a realist…