M4 closure

The M4 is closed between jcn1 and jcn 4 in both directions due to a crack being found its closed in both directions for about 5 days sounds like fun NOT . so if your going near heathrow yur gonna be stuffed

That’ll be murder for the Monday morning commute, lucky for me I’ll be miles away.

The section between 1 and 3 has been 7.5t only for a while now, the whole section seems to be falling apart, not gonna look good for the olympics :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s shut junc 1-3 in both directions, not 1-4.

some dealer will be ■■■■■■ he lost his crack !!

Madguy :smiling_imp:

This is a good thing. It’s been closed to 7.5t+ for some months now, but it don’t matter about us getting delayed and ■■■■■■ about. This new fault will actually force the highways to pull their fingers out of their collective arses and fix the bloody thing. Something they should’ve done yonks ago. I’m just glad it’s happened this side of the Olympics and it’s focused some minds to getting it done.

Apparently they also found a massive hole near junction 1…

…called London :grimacing:

Lets hope that it’s not as bad as the M50, had to deliver there on Friday. By all accounts the whole lot is crumbling, I had to deliver to the big gap where there used to be a viaduct on the E/B by J1. The W/B viaduct is standing but only thanks to the massive steel struts underneath.

Used to deliver to Trimite in the early 80’s, and some of the boys in there said then that it wouldn’t last another 30 years…looks like it might just have done!! Perhaps all them alledged bones in the supports have finally broken down to powder, leaving pockets of space that have weakened everything!! :smiley: Guessing this section of road is gonna be no end of problems now. What would be the expected lifespan of this type of structure, before it was rendered completely useless and needed a complete rebuild/replacement? Some light reading…ciht.org.uk/motorway/m4chisslou.htm

Edited to add: will the M6 elevated bit from j5-j8 be the next piece of m/way to start falling apart with all the roadworks that are going on??

Remember back when they wanted to increase truck weights from 32t to 38t and then onwards, the experts told us just how much kinder to the roads the new lorries would be by spreading the weight over more axles, the way they waxed lyrical anyone would think trucks were going to float like hovercraft.

Well sod me, everythings now falling apart, who’d have guessed, tchah.

Best thing would be to build a bloody great wall round the dump called London, just inside the M25 would be ideal…no one goes in and no one comes out.

Fantastic! All we have to now is bugger up the rest of the roads in and out and we can leave the cesspit to those that deserve it ie: politicians, immigrunts, and all the other to**ers bleeding the country dry! Oh! And cancel the Olympics, it’s professional now so the sponsors should cop the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

i went over yesterday morning , 38 tons maybe thats the reason for the crack lol :laughing: :laughing: