M4 accident 12 12 13

driving back to swindon today 12 12 13 and i saw the accident which i assumed was a car, when i got there it turned out to be an hgv,dont know if any other hgv driver saw it but how the heck did he manage to drive up an embankment about 8 ft high and remain upright,[bit of a funny place to park i thought]seriously i am surprised it did not go over,be interesting to know what caused it

truckman20:
… interesting to know what caused it

Someone will be along shortly to tell us.

I went past there earlier today he did well to keep it upright,loaded too.
Saw two OAP’s lying on the bank with blankets around them I assume it was their fault! :smiley:

I got caught up in it at 1800 ish tonight I thought he was leaving the motorway at Junct 14a only they havnt made it yet. it was a white arctic and trailer renault i think but didnt catch the name on the side. The cab was at the top of the bank all upright. Funny thing was we were stopped just short of it for quite a while assume it was something to do with recovery truck as he was all hitched up to it when i went by. Anyway stays there for 10 mins or more then i can see traffic moving so i prepare to move only the car in front doesnt. I look over the dash i can see his engine running (exhaust) beep beep nothing then longer beeeep beeep all of a sudden he shoots of down the road, think he fell asleep. Never saw him again. Didnt see any other vehicles involved although it happened earlier on so they may have been taken away.

Thetaff2:
Saw two OAP’s lying on the bank with blankets around them I assume it was their fault! :smiley:

That made me giggle! :smiley:

Nowt to do with this incident Taff but I was talking to one of your lads at Peterbogghorror Tosco RDC, he didn’t perform any miracles but I understand he’s known as Jesus! Cracking fella actually, had a good chinwag.

Trucker56:
I got caught up in it at 1800 ish tonight I thought he was leaving the motorway at Junct 14a only they havnt made it yet. it was a white arctic and trailer renault i think but didnt catch the name on the side. The cab was at the top of the bank all upright. Funny thing was we were stopped just short of it for quite a while assume it was something to do with recovery truck as he was all hitched up to it when i went by. Anyway stays there for 10 mins or more then i can see traffic moving so i prepare to move only the car in front doesnt. I look over the dash i can see his engine running (exhaust) beep beep nothing then longer beeeep beeep all of a sudden he shoots of down the road, think he fell asleep. Never saw him again. Didnt see any other vehicles involved although it happened earlier on so they may have been taken away.

LOL at junct 14a part,the company LA FARGE

Thetaff2:

the driver must have needed a new pair of underpants though