M32 onto the M4 this morning

Rip to the woman car driver …

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-30795966

Seems the container squashed a car flat.

Cosmic:
Seems the container squashed a car flat.

Yes some woman, wife, mother, daughter will not be returning home, and yes the trailer went over on the car. RIP.

Sad times, RIP

Can be a nasty road there, especially if you take it a bit too fast. I drove through there about 10 minutes before this seems to have occurred.

Poor woman, hopefully it was quick and she didn’t suffer.

I wouldn’t like to be in the truck drivers shoes if it turns out speed was a factor. RIP to the poor woman. I remember the one on the M62 where the couple from Durham were on their way to the Manchester airport to get a flight to Cuba I think to celebrate their wedding or somthing. They got as far as the climb upto Hearthead Moor Services in the roadworks when a artic with a container on crashed into their car then landed on top of it crushing them both.
Their Audi was as flat as a crushed can of coke and the driver of the truck was found out to be sending dirty txts to a bird up to when the accident happend. He proceeded to delete the txts to try and get away with it.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I wouldn’t like to be in the truck drivers shoes if it turns out speed was a factor. RIP to the poor woman. I remember the one on the M62 where the couple from Durham were on their way to the Manchester airport to get a flight to Cuba I think to celebrate their wedding or somthing. They got as far as the climb upto Hearthead Moor Services in the roadworks when a artic with a container on crashed into their car then landed on top of it crushing them both.
Their Audi was as flat as a crushed can of coke and the driver of the truck was found out to be sending dirty txts to a bird up to when the accident happend. He proceeded to delete the txts to try and get away with it.

The container was loaded with paper think he took corner a bit fast , we had two of our cranes lift truck off car was so flat they put it straight on back of recovery truck to take it to their yard to do the grim task of cutting the poor woman out .

spit the dog:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

The container was loaded with paper think he took corner a bit fast , we had two of our cranes lift truck off car was so flat they put it straight on back of recovery truck to take it to their yard to do the grim task of cutting the poor woman out .

■■■■■■■ hell I don’t envy anyone doing that job and turning upto somthing like that :frowning:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

spit the dog:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

[zb] hell I don’t envy anyone doing that job and turning upto somthing like that :frowning:

Nothing to see thankfully as we lifted truck up they were covering car with a sheet was only about 2ft high could not even make out what car it was horrible job but think of the poor family and the policeman that has to go and break the news .

spit the dog:
think he took corner a bit fast

Well that’s all sorted then !! Maybe load shifted so who’s fault would that be then if the container was sealed ? And what’s too fast ? He would have been under the speed limit so he wouldn’t have been speeding.

bald bloke:

spit the dog:

Well that’s all sorted then !! Maybe load shifted so who’s fault would that be then if the container was sealed ? And what’s too fast ? He would have been under the speed limit so he wouldn’t have been speeding.

Never said he was speeding you know the road so do I that was just a general comment I hope he was not speeding cause I’d had to have to live with the guilt but I’m sure the investigation will find out what happened and I’m not being anti truck driver as it’s what I do and drive cranes

I have seen a lorry over turn and crush a car.
It happened on the old road from Beckington to Frome .
A petrol tanker moved over to prevent a collision but clipped the kerb on the pavement and rolled over on the car ,with a Mum and her two children.
Her young son died, the priest was stood by the car giving the last rights, as the church was only a ten minute walk away.
The priest had a metal bottle with a chain, which was holy water.

spit the dog:

bald bloke:

spit the dog:

Never said he was speeding you know the road so do I that was just a general comment I hope he was not speeding cause I’d had to have to live with the guilt but I’m sure the investigation will find out what happened and I’m not being anti truck driver as it’s what I do and drive cranes

don’t have to be over the speed limit to be speeding do you,

It’s straight off a motorway that roundabout, so it’s not uncommon to hit it a bit faster than you should. I’m guilty of it, I’m sure many others are too. Technically you aren’t sepeeding, but you are driving faster than the road conditions dictate.

When it comes to a court, I have no idea if the driver would be deemed responsible, buts it’s his truck, with his load, so who else’s fault can it be?

109LWB:
It’s straight off a motorway that roundabout, so it’s not uncommon to hit it a bit faster than you should. I’m guilty of it, I’m sure many others are too. Technically you aren’t sepeeding, but you are driving faster than the road conditions dictate.

When it comes to a court, I have no idea if the driver would be deemed responsible, buts it’s his truck, with his load, so who else’s fault can it be?

Can be a bad corner when you turn left up to m4 even had my ■■■ nip a couple of times at 100 ton gross with crane ballast on

109LWB:

He’s going from the M32 West towards Wales so has no traffic coming from his right as the “roundabout” is blocked by a barrier at that point (you can’t do a 360 all the way around). With no blocking traffic on the “roundabout” and the traffic flowing freely you would not be expecting to stop. I wasn’t too far away from the area, Henbury near Cribbs Causeway, and didn’t think the weather was a factor so it looks as though miss-judgement of speed is high on the balance of probability.

CSI trucknet over and out.

nick2008:

spit the dog:

bald bloke:

spit the dog:

don’t have to be over the speed limit to be speeding do you,

I realise that Nick I was meaning more on the legality side of it, technically he couldn’t be accused of speeding could he ? Personally I don’t think it’s an overly sharp bend so maybe load moved ? Like I said before who’s responsible for the load on a sealed container if it’s come straight of the boat ?

bald bloke:
I realise that Nick I was meaning more on the legality side of it, technically he couldn’t be accused of speeding could he ? Personally I don’t think it’s an overly sharp bend so maybe load moved ? Like I said before who’s responsible for the load on a sealed container if it’s come straight of the boat ?

Would he have come straight off the dock and be on that road? Could he not be going TO the dock?

Not unusual for there to be a queue on that slip might have swerved to avoid.

I did once tip a load of card bales at a recycling place and whilst I was there sat and watched the forklift monkeys drive up and down the container ramp putting the much denser heavier bales on top of the lighter ones.

Wiretwister:

bald bloke:

Would he have come straight off the dock and be on that road? Could he not be going TO the dock?

Yeah, I would have thought it will be waste paper going to avonmouth rather than coming, seems more likely.