M27 near j9 closed

Major hold up on m27 j8/j9 with traffic at a stand still due to accident and lorry fire

m.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/118 … tion_nine/

Thoughts to all involved: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-32063811

box jockey

not my photo by the way

CBA8hFbWAAA9aFL.jpg

nick2008:
box jockey

not my photo by the way

lets hope it wasn’t the ‘box jockey’ that got burnt alive then, you might end up regretting saying it but will almost certainly never be allowed to forget it on here. Either way, what a ■■■■ way to go and ‘hopefully’ died on impact

Truck was one of Maritime’s, lets hope driver is OK. One of the injured was 19 month old baby.

I have my doubts about that Wingnut but something about the picture ‘may’ tell a different story

Actrosman:
I have my doubts about that Wingnut but something about the picture ‘may’ tell a different story

Story about baby is here
portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/ … -1-6656642

and here’s the truck, clearly one of Maritime’s

Whiteley_RTA_3246504b.jpg

Actrosman:

nick2008:
box jockey

not my photo by the way

lets hope it wasn’t the ‘box jockey’ that got burnt alive then, you might end up regretting saying it but will almost certainly never be allowed to forget it on here. Either way, what a [zb] way to go and ‘hopefully’ died on impact

Well the pictures from the news article so why would I regret anything. I’m not implying anything…

they have said on the local news that the eastbound M27 WILL BE CLOSED between jnt 8 and jnt 9 right through the night, tonight.

This was an accident waiting to happen, traffic queuing in the rush hour and drivers jumping from one lane to another, what a horrible way to go R.I.P.

Apart from the fire the cab doesn’t look accident damaged so I’d say the fatality was in the car the lorry collided with. Surely a lorry wouldn’t catch fire that easily, must’ve been the wrecked car infront that did?

bobbya:
This was an accident waiting to happen, traffic queuing in the rush hour and drivers jumping from one lane to another, what a horrible way to go R.I.P.

Yeah, every morning, every evening, queue on slip road often backed up into lane 1, those in lane 1 cutting out late, those in lane 3 wanting to get past 20/30/40 more vehicles in the queue before coming off cutting all the way across.

Hatefull stretch of road imo.statistics may tell us that the M25 or the M6 around Brum have higher traffic levels but I find it hard to believe tbh. You’ve got bewildered ferry traffic, far too many junctions and a high number of retired folk bimbling from one garden centre to another. A recipe for carnage.

That’s where I was rear ended 2 yrs ago

Open goal Nick…im gonna leave it.

nick2008:
That’s where I was rear ended 2 yrs ago

Somethings are best kept quiet lol.

Have just read on the local news that it was the lorry driver that died. Apparantly he couldn’t get the cab door open. And it was a car under the lorry that started the fire.

RIP Maritime driver, another one gone,and not coming home again.
There is a lot of Lgv fatalities lately.
It seems on a daily basis there is a fatal Rtc or more than one.
Traffic bulletins indicate this fact.

markthemod:
Have just read on the local news that it was the lorry driver that died. Apparantly he couldn’t get the cab door open. And it was a car under the lorry that started the fire.

That totally ■■■■■.
RIP driver…

markthemod:

I wouldn’t be so sure on that…