M25 variable speed limit m23 to m4

Hi all just after a bit of advice was on the m25 earlier going through the variable speed limit. The signs were set at 50mph and so was the cruise. I saw a overhead saying 40 but didn’t ease off, (I know im a ■■■■■■■ lemon) everyone was still going through at bout 50 I got literally underneath it and saw the cameras so slammed on the anchors. Im seriously ****** off at myself at the moment. :blush: Im guessing it 3 points unless I managed to slow it enough. Anyone know what the trigger limits are on these? Old wifes tales say 10% + 2mph??

mknutjob:
Hi all just after a bit of advice was on the m25 earlier going through the variable speed limit. The signs were set at 50mph and so was the cruise. I saw a overhead saying 40 but didn’t ease off, (I know im a [zb] lemon) everyone was still going through at bout 50 I got literally underneath it and saw the cameras so slammed on the anchors. Im seriously ****** off at myself at the moment. :blush: Im guessing it 3 points unless I managed to slow it enough. Anyone know what the trigger limits are on these? Old wifes tales say 10% + 2mph??

If the camera was on the first gantry that said 40 you should be ok, the limit does not start until after that gantry so it’s still 50 as you hit it. If it’s a later gantry you could be getting a ticket. :frowning:

Wouldn’t let it worry you, if they ticketed everyone passing a camera on the M25 at 5 or 6 mph over the limit it’d take them 50 years to deal with the admin :grimacing:

As far as I know none of the ones on the M25 are digital, so you can usually see the camera flash in your mirrors if they do go off anyhow. Seen a few cars get flashed by them, but they’ve been seriously motoring past them.

mknutjob:
Hi all just after a bit of advice was on the m25 earlier going through the variable speed limit. The signs were set at 50mph and so was the cruise. I saw a overhead saying 40 but didn’t ease off, (I know im a [zb] lemon) everyone was still going through at bout 50 I got literally underneath it and saw the cameras so slammed on the anchors. Im seriously ****** off at myself at the moment. :blush: Im guessing it 3 points unless I managed to slow it enough. Anyone know what the trigger limits are on these? Old wifes tales say 10% + 2mph??

Nothing to worry about the trigger limits are 30% +2mph

That should weed out a few more heh heh heh

44 Tonne Ton:

get your facts right pal :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: sitting in a tesco rdc the other night some driver said the “limit” is 50% + 5mph :grimacing:

groovy greg:

44 Tonne Ton:

get your facts right pal :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: sitting in a tesco rdc the other night some driver said the “limit” is 50% + 5mph :grimacing:

I stand corrected, I thank you sir! :smiley:

Not the M25 but the A303 d/c Hampshire, I got done for 57, which is limit plus 10 % plus 2

SWEDISH BLUE:
Not the M25 but the A303 d/c Hampshire, I got done for 57, which is limit plus 10 % plus 2

What were you driving ?
Seems harsh.

I went on a speed awareness workshop in Warwickshire for 57 in a 50 in the old mans car. Warwickshire cameras are set at 10%.

Anyone who suddenly slams on the anchors except in emergency on a motorway shouldn’t have a licence to be driving :angry:

this 10% +2mph, as far as I understand it only applies to speed detectors operated by the police and does not apply to the others operated by safety partenerships etc.

passing the gantry showing the speed limit would surely be the same as passing a sign on the roadside. It applies at that gantry , not the next one in the same way that the sign on the roadside means the limit starts there, not at the next lamp post etc.

turnip:

SWEDISH BLUE:

What were you driving ?
Seems harsh.

12ton recovery truck

green456:
Anyone who suddenly slams on the anchors except in emergency on a motorway shouldn’t have a licence to be driving :angry:

I made a mistake knob I guess your this almighty ■■■■■■■ god are you? Shut your trap ■■■■■■■ keyboard warrior. :imp:

mknutjob:

green456:

I made a mistake knob I guess your this almighty [zb] god are you? Shut your trap [zb] keyboard warrior. :imp:

I rest my case, shouldn’t be allowed on public forums either :slight_smile:
Have a nice day and try not to kill anyone with your poor standards of driving :smiley:

mknutjob:

green456:

I made a mistake knob I guess your this almighty [zb] god are you? Shut your trap [zb] keyboard warrior. :imp:

No, you didn’t make a mistake. You chose to ignore the traffic signs and then potentially jeopardised other road users safety.

you really are a ■■■■■■■ tool

whiter than white brigade turning up

mknutjob:
whiter than white brigade turning up

No. not whiter than white, been there, done that, got the t shirt. Did you expect sympathy for driving like a ■■■■■

A bit confused myself by these varible speed limits cos plenty folk ignore them and when i slow down going through them at the limit everyone else seems to be speeding through fast as ■■■■ :confused: :confused:

Got flashed by one in Birmingham last week im sure even though i was’nt speeding, did’nt know they flashed anyway. :confused:

Sympathy no not at all. I was after advice about said cameras, I admit I should have slowed sooner but hey ho learning curve. I wont be doing it again