M25 Improvements?

I cant believe the stupidity and danger of the new “smart” design. Having a couple of laybys hardly big enough for a HGV every few miles instead of a hard shoulder. I have seen broken down vehicles causing chaos in both directions with a Highways vehicle blocking the whole motorway whilst deploying the tow rope ! I know blocking needs to happen whilst clearing tyre debris etc , but when it is created by intelligent design I despair. Mind you it tells you to slow down when you are travelling in the other direction, causing unnecessary tailbacks through rubber necking and the concertina effect. Interestingly the speed cameras appear to have adjustable settings for those going in either direction, I suspect creating more revenue than the Dartford crossing through others misfortune, no I have not been flashed ! Its just too dangerous the speed/warning signs wont react quick enough to prevent the initial chances of a pile up as a result of a breakdown. What do others think ? maybe I am wrong ?

Use the M25 every day, mostly the northern section, and the biggest issue with the new system is people not obeying the signs. It’s not just car drivers either, it seems many of our highly professional colleagues must be able to see around bends and over hills as at least a dozen trucks passed not one but two red crosses the other day. I think people will be in for a shock when they start prosecuting them for ignoring the signs, which is going to start happening.

It’s about time they started prosecuting them you see lots go through the red cross, you would think in this hi-tech world we live in now they would be able to do it off the cameras.

Dafman:
It’s about time they started prosecuting them you see lots go through the red cross, you would think in this hi-tech world we live in now they would be able to do it off the cameras.

Like this manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … er-7277630 ?