M25 crash Surrey

Says in all the papers today that the accident on the M25 at junction 6 on Wedensday was caused when a couple on their way to the airport had an argument,pulled the car up and turned the lights off he got out with his suitcase and told his wife to “go on holiday yourself” then truck hit the car and sent the car into him killing him. Now I’m sorry someone has lost their life but what a f-----g stupid thing to do on a moterway! Their stupid actions could have claimed even more life’s never mind the state the trucker is going to be in for probably the rest of his life :neutral_face:

What he stopped on the slow lane ■■? :open_mouth:

There’s roadworks on that section so the hard shoulder is in use as the slow lane and they pulled up on that.

I am sorry that someone died as well, but how can a sane person be that stupid, argument or not even if you are parked on the hard shoulder you shouldn’t turn your lights off unless you cant turn them on because of a breakdown. My thoughts are with the truck driver who was caught up in an avoidable accident due to another persons stupidity :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What’s the slow lane?? I thought lanes 1,2 and 3 were all the same speed limit :slight_smile:

Did she go on the holiday?

FarnboroughBoy11:
What’s the slow lane?? I thought lanes 1,2 and 3 were all the same speed limit :slight_smile:

It is on there and the M62! :grimacing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Traditionally it was the slow lane, when the roads were full of sit up and beg Anglias and 100 hp trucks carrying 20 tons, but yas I suppose your right, slow lane doesnt really mean anything nowadays, apart from 730hp trucks doing 50 of course :laughing:

What a tragedy though, stupid thing to do or not, nobody deservered that… terrible.

oatcake1967:

Oh you terror Oaty!

Stupid thing to have done of course but can you imagine living with that for the rest of your life? Would be devastating

Calling calling…Conor and titx boy…calling calling. Crime scene needs investigating. Come on you know it alls, pin that one on the driver.

Well… If the car has been stopped long enough for the bloke to get out of the car and retrieve his suitcase (presumably from the boot?) then it has been stationary long enough for a following driver to see it and stop before any collision occurred, regardless of whether the lights were on or off…

Shocking, just Shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Roymondo:
Well… If the car has been stopped long enough for the bloke to get out of the car and retrieve his suitcase (presumably from the boot?) then it has been stationary long enough for a following driver to see it and stop before any collision occurred, regardless of whether the lights were on or off…

They shouldn’t even have come to a standstill on a moterway when there was no fault with the car full stop! A brainless act that has cost a life and caused grief for a lot of people. The police obviously don’t think the truck driver is to blame as he hasn’t been nicked and I’m sure if he was at fault in some way then this would have come out in the investigation.

Roymondo:

That section of the motorway is very dark without any lighting. I went through about 15-20 mins before this happened (the car wasn’t there then) . I don’t know how it happened but if someone was in the middle lane as well then the lorry in the 1st lane wouldn’t have anywhere to go.

I had a truck sat in it for 5 hours… Very sad that people lost their lives.

oatcake1967:

I Would :wink: Moaning Cow :laughing:

Seany:

Roymondo:

That section of the motorway is very dark without any lighting. I went through about 15-20 mins before this happened (the car wasn’t there then) . I don’t know how it happened but if someone was in the middle lane as well then the lorry in the 1st lane wouldn’t have anywhere to go.

He wouldn’t need anywhere to go if he was driving in accordance with Rule 126 of the Highway Code…

(for the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying that the (deceased) clot in the car was not to blame, just attempting to show that these things are not as clear-cut as we might like to think they are)

Roymondo:

Seany:

Roymondo:

He wouldn’t need anywhere to go if he was driving in accordance with Rule 126 of the Highway Code…

Your point depends if you actually know the section of road in question?
It’s 50 mph limit and as I said its dark.
Someone has stopped without any lights on. If you come across that you’re gonna have to stop pretty quick!

HC Rule 126 makes no reference to the presence of street lighting (nor should it). You should be driving at a speed where you can safely stop in the distance you can see to be clear. You cannot blindly assume that there is nothing in your lane. Stuff falls off lorries etc on a daily basis - usually it is unlit. If you hit some of this stuff, you bear some responsibility (unless said stuff falls directly into your path). Why is this so hard to understand? Yes, the driver of the truck from which it fell is also responsible, but it’s not a simple case of black-v-white.

To reiterate, yes the plonker(s) in the car are in the wrong for doing why they did, but some responsibility rests with the driver that hit them.