M25 Crash - Driver Dies

Wheel Nut:
More likely the cab has gone back Paul, there is only a radiator and a few pipes to stop the main impact, the engine and axle would get a lot of the force, even without the fire this would probably have been a fatal. RIP

I’m referring to the front truck, the one with the Ewals trailer that was rear ended. The cab looks in the right place, the trailer definitely isn’t.

Paul

Wheel Nut:

repton:

Booked in when??:
M25 crash: Huge delays after lorry driver carrying vodka is killed in collision with 2nd truck | Daily Mail Online

It must have been one hell of an impact as either the pin or the 5th wheel on the wrong truck has broken as the trailer has been shoved right into the back of the cab.

RIP Driver.

Paul

More likely the cab has gone back Paul, there is only a radiator and a few pipes to stop the main impact, the engine and axle would get a lot of the force, even without the fire this would probably have been a fatal. RIP

i thik he may have been comenting on the front truck mate as the trailer has smashed the air kit and the landing legs are right upto the lights wudnt have to move to much as ewals are realy close cpld

What’s with all these crashes where a vehicle catches fire? I’d guess in this case the vodka leaked and caught light?

I was caught up in the M25, M11, A120 then the A12 traffic yesterday and you should have seen the amount of traffic hardly moving, horns blaring, lorry drivers getting the ‘bird’ from car drivers and everybody getting stressed.
Paid by the hour so delays don’t bother me, I was very close to either ‘night-outing’ or getting the Gaffer to pick me up, had 10 mins left on a 9 by the time I got back.
Who gets the blame, we do, the Lorry Drivers. Who knows what caused this to happen but it was obviously an accident. Driving is a very dangerous occupation and can be stressful, especially the retards in London who expect you to move for them.

The impact this accident will have on those concerned/involved must be horrendous, I feel sorry for them.

From the pictures it looks like the EWAL’s trl; had a car right at the back :question: That could have been the point of ignition, possible petrol/petrol fumes still in the tank :question:
Because stuff like vodka, whiskey & brandy is usually 50% water it needs to be heated first and it is usually the fumes that then ignite, try pouring some legal spirit onto your hand and putting a flame to it :bulb: It won’t set on fire, in the catering trade they call it a ‘Flambe’ waiter brings it to your table pours over some brandy and then puts a light to the evaporating alcohol.
RIP Drive :frowning:

Regards
Dave Penn;

40% proof spirits are a bit like Diesel to set light to. As a liquid, It’ll put the match out you dunk in it, but if you wick it on fabric or paper, it’ll burn like meths!

I would imagine as a spray or boiling mixture will be pretty flammable as well.

repton:

Wheel Nut:

I’m referring to the front truck, the one with the Ewals trailer that was rear ended. The cab looks in the right place, the trailer definitely isn’t.

Paul

I didn’t look at that one. oops! :blush:

gazzasbeer:

damion.p:

gazzasbeer:
“, What were two large artic’ lorries doing in the third lane of the motorway. All lorries should be restricted to the inside lane, on a 3 lane section, and the first 2 lanes on a 4 lane section. In an attempt to reduce accidents and casualties, caused by lorry drivers, here in France many sections of motorway and dual-carriageways have a strict 80kph limit and no overtaking laws applied. In our area, since it came into force at the beginning of the year we haven’t seen a single accident involving a lorry where we used to see at least one a month before”.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … OOgguNHe’s a prick. What happens when a lorry comes up behind a car/van/ another truck doing 40/50 mph■■? it’s a motorway with a max 70mph, a truck is limited to 100 kph/ 62 mph. Why go so slow???RIP Drive.

Look at the pictures. They wasnt in lane 3, they are in lane 2. “lane 1” is a filter lane for a different carriageway

i was only commenting on what a “real driver”(■■■■■ a to b car driver) said in the daily mail m8

sorry bud, didnt realise you was quoting the comments below, my bad

RIP to the driver, and total respect and condolences to the family of the driver.

RIP driver, horrible way to go :frowning:

I know the full ins and outs to this and it wasn’t nice. R.I.P Driver

mickyblue:

Yea, and?
You can’t make that kind of statement and not let on what and why it happened.

I don’t think it is the place to provide details of an accident when the drivers mate/ family could be looking at this forum

dinosteveus1:

mickyblue:

Yea, and?

Use your imagination. Lorry hits another lorry up the arse and catches fire with a flammable load in the back.
What do you want to know, did the victim scream?
:unamused:

NathanB:

dinosteveus1:

mickyblue:

Yea, and?

Use your imagination. Lorry hits another lorry up the arse and catches fire with a flammable load in the back.
What do you want to know, did the victim scream?
:unamused:

SAD ■■■■.
I wondered if it was a mechanical error or if there was another vehicle involved. This info would be out in the Public Domain soon anyways.

I’m a sad ■■■■■■■■■ I’m not the one asking for the gory details. You seriously think someone with police connections is going to say what happened while the investigation is ongoing and any criminal charges pending?

Sad incident and a man has lost his life.
Driver error I feel.
Keep safe.

Why argue over what happened? FFS someone died. That’s all the news I need. :unamused:

chester1:

Wheel Nut:

repton:

Booked in when??:
M25 crash: Huge delays after lorry driver carrying vodka is killed in collision with 2nd truck | Daily Mail Online

It must have been one hell of an impact as either the pin or the 5th wheel on the wrong truck has broken as the trailer has been shoved right into the back of the cab.

RIP Driver.

Paul

i thik he may have been comenting on the front truck mate as the trailer has smashed the air kit and the landing legs are right upto the lights wudnt have to move to much as ewals are realy close cpld

The Ewals lorry went into the back of a Europa truck which is out of camera shot in the aerial photos

one of my colleagues
rest in peace my friend