M25 Coach Tours!

Just seen on the BBC TV local news…

“The Brighton & Hove Bus Company will be offering luxury guided coach tours of the M25 next year,
highlights of the tour will be Clacket Lane services and the Dartford Crossing! There will be a stop
for refreshments at a motorway service area”

The mind boggles, people actually want to tour the M25 for fun :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

http://bookings.buses.co.uk/Itineraries/ItineraryViewer.aspx?id=18&currentpage=4&areafilter=

Well that’s my wife’s birthday present sorted then.

Company in Norfolk was doing this years ago.

There was also a video for sale of the M25, and the guy also made the sequel, M25, the other way.

you can learn a lot about London from these two excellent vids :slight_smile: have been linked before but i’ll share again :stuck_out_tongue:

Part 1 about Railways

Part 2 about Roads

SWEDISH BLUE:

It was an educational thing.
Norfolk people were confused by all these Londoners who moved to Norfolk, then complained about everything. They kept thinking "well if Norfolk so bad why don’t they move back to London? :confused: ".
A quick tour of the M25 soon shows them how [zb] it really is. So they now just think these moaning Londoners are just sad [zb]'s who’d find something to moan about in the Garden of Eden. :smiley:

Lets just put a bit more traffic into the mix and for good measure it will stop at random points causing a bit more congestion than normal.

I could understand it if it were a holiday destination but not the [zb] M25. :open_mouth:

The tour is supposed to last 4 hours and arrive back in Brighton at 6pm, that means it’s on the M25 and M23 at the busiest times, there are some days that you cannot even get round the M25 in 4 hours :open_mouth:

I can see it getting back late :laughing:

Martin:
there are some days that you cannot even get round the M25 in 4 hours :open_mouth:

There are some days you cant go two junctions in 4 hours :open_mouth:

As daft as it sounds I’ve always wanted to drive all the way round then back the other to what the difference is. Does anyone know? Or care?

It just says 6pm. Doesn’t say anything about it being the same day. :laughing:

Mr B:
As daft as it sounds I’ve always wanted to drive all the way round then back the other to what the difference is. Does anyone know? Or care?

Anticlockwise is shorter so, in theory, should be quicker, but the Dartford Tunnels often have a longer delay than the bridge.

There used to be a secret gathering of young lad’s with various sporty cars meeting on the M25 for un-official races around the M25, whenever I saw them they always appeared to go clockwise…

There used to be a secret gathering of young lad’s with various sporty cars meeting on the M25 for un-official races around the M25, whenever I saw them they always appeared to go clockwise

That was called the inner lane club and it was anti clock. :smiley:

muckles:

SWEDISH BLUE:

It was an educational thing.
Norfolk people were confused by all these Londoners who moved to Norfolk, then complained about everything. They kept thinking "well if Norfolk so bad why don’t they move back to London? :confused: ".
A quick tour of the M25 soon shows them how [zb] it really is. So they now just think these moaning Londoners are just sad [zb]'s who’d find something to moan about in the Garden of Eden. :smiley:

Are the locals still pointing at airplanes. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can shed some light on this for you

The name of the company was Ambassador Travel. The tours started when the M25 first opened and they used two send two coaches out on a Saturday and a Sunday and they were sold out for months. Ambassador actually still have one of the coaches that were bought new and specifically for the M25 tours today.

Source: I used to work there :stuck_out_tongue: