M25 closed J28-27

Closed in both directions due to lorry fire. Carrying gas cylinders so expect it to be closed well into tomorrow

according to bbc travel news website all lanes reopened now but q’s remain

bagpuss:
according to bbc travel news website all lanes reopened now but q’s remain

they must be on a roll,i got stuck on a14 today,signs said closed,ambulance,h.a,cop cars,i thought this is going to be a while,but up and running pretty quick,just coned inside lane off,suprised it wasnt a fatality,roof of pickup truck looked flat down to top of doors :open_mouth: :frowning:

Well I’m surprised that it reopened so quick. Gas cylinders normally keep a road shut for 24hrs to be cooled down. Wish there was some consistency

I missed that by the skin of my teeth.

I didn’t but as I’m hourly paid who gives a ■■■■? :smiley:

Most fire brigades now a piece of equipment similar to heat detection gauge, which can show the risk of explosion, so I read somewhere at work. Perhaps Essex have one and could tell the risk was low??

OVLOV JAY:
Well I’m surprised that it reopened so quick. :imp: Gas cylinders normally keep a road shut for 24hrs to be cooled down. Wish there was some consistency

Supposedly a load of work & research has been done on this & things like ‘shaken acetylene cylinders’ should be ok after the 2hr mark,

It will p@ss the water fairies off if the ‘refreshments’ van won’t need to be called out :laughing: for a ‘long’ job