M25 accident chaos this week

Firstly condolences to the families of those affected by the accident on the M25 Waltham Cross this week. Hope the motorway camera footage is being trawled to find the car driver who allegedly started the chain of events described in other posts here.
Having worked out of WP Sainsbury I’m sure it must have been a nightmare getting staff in and trucks in and out. At the morning peak one truck leaves every minute. Do they divert staff to other RDCs like Dartford to maintain the supply chain? I doubt whether they just cancel the deliveries and let the stores go short!
There are several other companies in this area including Iceland, Tossco Home, Reynolds, Continental Express et al so anyone share their experience on that dreadful day?

Who are these two characters they’ve got “under arrest” in hospital?

I do hope they’re not going to pin this on the two truck drivers. The f—wit who pulled off the hard shoulder in their car straight into live lane 1 caused this pile-up - make no mistake.
Artic in lane one swerved into the artic overtaking him in lane two. I don’t know if there was actually any contact with the villian car driver at all though.

I was pulled up 200 yards past J26 clockwise (where sainsburys wagons join the EB carriageway), about 400 yards short of the accident scene on the night. The police must have initially been waving cars straight through, since the entire one lane queue in front of me was entirely made up of trucks. Around 5am we got turned around back to J26. You just knew it was a “bad un” though - there was nothing coming the other way from the very beginning… :frowning:

I believe the “fatality” was a driver’s mate catapulted out the passenger seat of one of the truck cabs. No name has been released yet though, except that he was from Leicester.

RIP.

Some lanes were shut for days, why did it take so long to repair the barriers ?
The big earthquake in Japan, they built a new road in one week after it was destroyed.

I would imagine that in Japan - the road wasn’t being heavily used 24/7 whilst it was under repair…

There wasn’t anything being done the few times I went past in the early hours. Down to 1 lane clockwise and 40mph, but no one there.