M25 30-31

3 LORRYS ACCIDENT DELAYS ALL DAY NOW

topmixer11:
3 LORRYS ACCIDENT DELAYS ALL DAY NOW

Friday afternoon has come early then?

Hope everyone is ok…

Just got home having been stuck behind this one.

Looked like a flatbed with high-stacked pallets had gone up the arse of a regular DD palletliner.
I didn’t see the third lorry others have spoken of though - perhaps it had already been recovered?
The damage looked more like shed loads of shed loads - rather than crushed cab or any indication that serious injuries were involved. Hopefully everyone is OK, with just some damaged pride out there - and snorting motorists for miles in all directions of course. :neutral_face:

Traffic is being directed off at J30 and back on at J31. An artic has broken down on the off slip coming the other way near the tollbooths (what’s left of them) which has precipitated a rather strung-back jam going past Bean/J3 Swanley by the time I got past it all.
No sign of any wreckers having turned up as of yet.

Read about this earlier, cab is above the 2 blokes on the left, serious injuries

You would think after all the accidents caused by drivers traveling far too close that they might realise that one day it could happen to them.
Are some people really that dense? :unamused:

albion1971:

Yes
essexchronicle.co.uk/Lorry-d … story.html

albion1971:
You would think after all the accidents caused by drivers traveling far too close that they might realise that one day it could happen to them.

Go for a drive on a dual carriageway or motorway of your choosing and observe the number of lorry ‘drivers’ to whom ten feet or so is a safe stopping distance at 56mph.

Of course they are that dense, it’s what the industry is built on.

How much worse has it been this week for accidents with Royal Ascot being on? I’ve come anti clockwise today from the M40 onto the A23 into Croyden and I must have seen about 6 “incidents” on the hard shoulder and at least 4 had trucks involved. That was both directons may I add.

I’m heading down the M1 and back to Kent, any sign of this clearing up yet or am I better off heading anti clockwise?

I was quite disappointed on Monday night. Lorry just joined A1M off the 62. As I was passing to overtake, I looked up and he was driving with his left hand and texting with his right thumb :unamused: :unamused: He could have waited until after I overtook him. :imp:

Les Shoes:
I’m heading down the M1 and back to Kent, any sign of this clearing up yet or am I better off heading anti clockwise?

Still queuing back to junction 27 on the cameras…

albion1971:

You’re wasted in the haulage industry, you should be an accident investigator. Just think how quick the roads could reopen with you on the case. The police wouldn’t need to spend all day trying to work out if the brakes failed, or if the driver fell asleep or even had a heart attack. You’d save millions in tax payers money :unamused:

Martin:

Les Shoes:

Still queuing back to junction 27 on the cameras…

Motorway Traffic Cameras - Live CCTV image, M25 Clockwise - J27, M11 J6 / Epping

Long way round it is then, thanks

Just came intoo out yard at canutes from the m25 its shocking mess

The flatbed is also here and the occado dd

OVLOV JAY:

albion1971:

You’re wasted in the haulage industry, you should be an accident investigator. Just think how quick the roads could reopen with you on the case. The police wouldn’t need to spend all day trying to work out if the brakes failed, or if the driver fell asleep or even had a heart attack. You’d save millions in tax payers money :unamused:

I take it from your silly response you are offended by my comment.
Maybe you are an offender but seriously tell me why making a comment about all the idiots that travel too close would make me a good accident investigator. It does not take much to know these clowns put other people’s lives at risk everyday.
If you really think brake failure is a common cause you are even more stupid than you already seem.

albion1971:

OVLOV JAY:

albion1971:

I take it from your silly response you are offended by my comment.
Maybe you are an offender but seriously tell me why making a comment about all the idiots that travel too close would make me a good accident investigator. It does not take much to know these clowns put other people’s lives at risk everyday.
If you really think brake failure is a common cause you are even more stupid than you already seem.

they travel too close because they are cocooned in a ball of cotton wool that they believe makes them invincible

Brake failure is no excuse. Gears to slow…

I’m not offended at all, my sarcastic comments were aimed because you see to know the cause of every accident. And if you seriously think every rear end shunt is caused solely by tailgating, then you’re the one coming off stupid. For someone who deplores bad driving, you seem to get a raging hard on talking about it. Worse than desypete and the cpc

OVLOV JAY:
I’m not offended at all, my sarcastic comments were aimed because you see to know the cause of every accident. And if you seriously think every rear end shunt is caused solely by tailgating, then you’re the one coming off stupid. For someone who deplores bad driving, you seem to get a raging hard on talking about it. Worse than desypete and the cpc

I have never professed to knowing the cause of any accident and I have never said every shunt is caused by tailgating.
What I do know is tailgating and traveling too close is extremely dangerous and anyone that does it should not be a professional driver.
Even if there is another cause to a tailgating accident that does not excuse any driver that does it. By tailgating their vision is severely reduced and their reaction time is drastically cut.
I get absolutely no pleasure seeing these clowns day in day out and I certainly get no pleasure talking about it. In fact the opposite, I get very angry that these people have no consideration for anyone.
Why are you sticking up for them?