M20 Stacking again

Local news at 18.30 was reporting that Operation Stack has resumed on the M20 this evening. Industrial action in Calais port.

Now closed in both directions between J8 and J9.

No driver should be made to go and sit in this…Its bordering on inhuman.

cav551:
Now closed in both directions between J8 and J9.

It’s been closed port bound all day hasn’t it, according to traffic on Rad2

Neville 1:
No driver should be made to go and sit in this…Its bordering on inhuman.

Almost as bad as delivering to RDC’s ■■ Now that is inhuman

Maybe the highways Gestapo will take the opportunity on checking for unpaid Dartford tolls, UK vignettes and drivers hours

Neville 1:
No driver should be made to go and sit in this…Its bordering on inhumane.

Nobody is making you do anything, don’t want to Stack then turn around and park elsewhere, join the queue in the back tomorrow.

For me its not an issue… As I am NOT ac driver and the people I work with are smart enough to avoid
the current problems. Trouble is …Not all employers think the same !
Then…Park Elsewhere ■■ Where would you suggest local to the M20 ?

Neville 1:
Then…Park Elsewhere ■■ Where would you suggest local to the M20 ?

Lymm ? [emoji1]

I am assuming you mean Lympne…But not allowed on the estate for parking. The Wash and surrounding
area is FULL already. Airport Café is FULL…Port Early pretty FULL.

Neville 1:
I am assuming you mean Lympne…But not allowed on the estate for parking. The Wash and surrounding

All the lay byes on the A20 between Lenham and Ashford fill up quite quickly on a normal day , so no room there. There’s also one area, which was reasonably big, that has been permanently coned off I see, the lay-by just after the Shell garage at the bottom of Bluebell Hill, just before the M20

Neville 1:

No, I meant Lymm near Manchester.
(I was joking)

Ah…Sorry Martin… Went right over my head.
I see your point now…
:slight_smile:

Radio said police turning around naughty truckers for queue jumping? How do they know this?

Driver is given a pass when they leave stack.

Now access to M20 is closed at junction 10 direction Dover. And traffic lights are out.
All diverted down old A20 through Sellindge

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435763130.577016.jpg

Photograph courtesy of Gyles Carpenter

The whole area is ■■■■■■ tonight.The local radio this morning was warning that plans were being made to shut the M20 southbound between J1 and J2 Swanley to Wrotham, so far this hasn’t happened. Local haulage operators are totally ■■■■■■ off because it is causing huge delays to deliveries and collections throughout Kent. Matt Clark(?) TM of Castledene was on the radio talking about how it is affecting hie company. Some poor sod from Grimsby was also on describing how his load of fish was puking foul water all over the road and would soon end up being condemned if something doesn’t happen. Ashford and Maidstone are both rammed as are all the local country lanes between the two. It is not as if central government hasn’t been told to do something, but as usual no one is listening. The only time anything will happen is if lorries start parking up in Westminster and the CIty, then the suits might start chortling, huffing and puffing.

The best of it is that there are massive plans for house building throughout the county, what no-one is taking into account is that this means probably an extra 100,000 cars on local roads.

They’ve just announced on the news that they are going to open the port of Calais shortly

Its a “Partial” opening to let some P&O boats in…and out.
Needs more …much, much more.

All they care about looking at the News is the Extra Runway at Heathrow !!!

DONT FORGET THE TRUCKS !!!

I was listening for the past two days to radio kent, altho it sounds and is grim it is nice to hear someone supporting and being sympathetic to truckers, no mater what the nationality.

Also I support the french for what they are doing, if we was to do something like this we would have a good workplace and working conditions.