M20 New Services

The new services on the M20 nr Folkestone are now open I had a quick look around yesterday. It is a Shell filling station. It’s £20.00 to park.

I am sure that all the truck parking all 20 spaces ( I know because I counted them I am that desperate for the overtime and it was 20 because it was all my fingers and all my toes.) of it will come in very useful, as what looks like to be the drivers container (sorry I meant to say facilities) but it does look like a container (truck parking not quite open yet). I hope that there will be showers in the main block.

So all in all I am more than 100% convinced that all of the 20 parking spaces will ease parking congestion in Kent especially when Ashford truckstop closes. How they will fill all the parking spaces on the new services must be keeping them awake.

The lorry park is of course subject to the same EU ruling as all other services in the UK in that the truck parking area is a good 5-7 minute walk away from the main building.

I stopped to fuel up here on Friday. Seemed nice and clean, for now!

But I didn’t see any HGV parking - where is it? I saw the coach park. The only lorries I saw parked up were on the outside pump, blocking access. Can you give me the post code for the HGV bit so I can put it into my TomTom? :laughing:

As you go in to the services you come to a roundabout where you turn right for all the facilities and fuel turn left there and that’s it. Blink and you will miss it. On Friday it was coned off when I was there , just before lunch. I noticed the container first it looked like that they were still white lining it.

I was going to have a quick nosey around the main building but with HGV parking closed and the clamping culture at services decided against.

Ahhh, yes I did see the coned off bit - but for some reason I thought it was some sort of holding/waiting area. Now I know! :wink:

Ben9:
The lorry park is of course subject to the same EU ruling as all other services in the UK in that the truck parking area is a good 5-7 minute walk away from the main building.

Other EU rules will also mean the parking spaces will be too narrow and not long enough for anything longer than a truck with a 40 ft trailer !!!
All spaces will also make it almost impossible to move out of without the rear of your vehicle coming within 6 inches of the cab of the truck you were parked next to.

Speaking of nice roomy service areas :unamused: I had the misfortune to have to stop at Maidstone country club and spa on Thursday night - the attendant was directing you where to park (is that normal there?) and wasn’t happy until I was within inches of the foreign geezer next to me (drove into space, behind a wag n drag in front). Charged me £25 for the pleasure and didn’t even provide a tin-opener to aid my escape in the morning :confused:

Come half past midnight and mr foreign driver decides it’s time to leave. There was him and his mate, shouting to each other in his attempts to reverse out, accompanied by loads of revving and reversing bleepers. I kid you not, it took them until 2am to get out inch by inch :open_mouth:

In hindsight, I should have jumped out and told the attendent to park it! Lesson learnt eh?

I think that if possible in that neck of the woods it’s still Folkestone Harbour thats the place to go.