M20 Closed Jnc 9-10 coast bound

As the the title says the M20 at Ashford is closed coast bound after a nasty accident during the night.
I’d avoid the M20 and use the M2 if heading that way.

Its a real mess and Still closed as of 09.15 …and likely to be for most of the day… Fuel Spillage and Carriageway Repairs going to be
needed. The Diversion through Ashford is not working well.

Kent Police were called at 0020 hours on Thursday 20 September 2012 to a
four-truck collision on the coast-bound carriageway of the M20 near junction 9.

Two lorry drivers were taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The other two lorry drivers were uninjured.

The carriageway is likely to remain closed until around 1800 as two of the four
trucks need to be unloaded before they can be recovered and a significant
diesel spillage has caused serious damage to the carriageway.

All lorries were fully loaded.

If you go on to the BBC travel news website, and look at the webcam for the M20 Junction 10, you can see the recovery operation!

You have to manually refresh the page every 2 minutes, if you’ve got the time and the inclination.

Passed it north bound at about 11am and three trailers still fully loaded but what a mess!

Done my change over and spent ages on the diversion round ashford heading back to Dover

ouch

Saw that as I came north from the train earlier. Looked extremely nasty. Nothing left of the unit pulling the rh trailer.

horrible thing to see… does anyone know the lorry companys involved just the white cab with the yellow i think i recognise

local bbc news has just been on the tv and looking at the picture they showed under that rh group trailer was a red chassis of a unit, looked like the spotlights of a daf in the bumper , there was no sign of the cab .
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-19658481

I suppose it could be said that the injured were in some way fortunate that this crash happened almost within a stone’s throw of Ashford’s William Harvey hospital.