M18N/M180 slip road?

Ok what’s the crack with the sign posts and road markings?? I know they are actually working at/on the junction but…sign post says 2 lanes for M180 but as soon as you pass traffic lights on the roundabout road markings clearly state lane 1 M18N and lane 2 M180. Bit further on the roundabout and sign (triangle red border warning) single file traffic?

Which lane do you use on the slip road to the roundabout? Which indication has priority, road marking or signpost?

I have noticed in a few places recently where signposts and road marking conflict but this one causes some real problems especially at busy times.

99% of time I use right hand lane, as that’s what most of the other trucks use…but theres always one who tries to jump the queue bringing the roundabout to a standstill. Granted it’s not very well signposted but surely it doesn’t take much common sense to work it out.

Oh! :unamused: 99% you use right hand lane…and the other 1% you use the left hand lane! If it doesn’t take too much common sense then try and answer the question.

Which indication has priority, road marking or signpost? I don’t know that’s why I’m asking :smiley:

99% do it wrong then :laughing:

google.co.uk/maps/@53.58961 … !2e0?hl=en

The rule is Keep left unless overtaking, half way around the roundabout lane 1 vanishes

Pathetic design if you ask me. Hopefully they are sorting that mess out.

Correction : WTF, they put labeled the left lane for M18 only half way round
google.co.uk/maps/@53.59163 … !2e0?hl=en

Lane 1 vanishes here
google.co.uk/maps/@53.59218 … !2e0?hl=en

Although you SHOULD keep left, I would be tempted to say ZB em’. What a stupid design

tommyboy1289:
…but theres always one who tries to jump the queue bringing the roundabout to a standstill.

That must be me then as I always use the LH lane - passing the 99% of drivers who use the RH lane.

Can’t ever remember bringing the roundabout to a standstill, though. :unamused:

Stanley Knife:

tommyboy1289:
…but theres always one who tries to jump the queue bringing the roundabout to a standstill.

That must be me then as I always use the LH lane - passing the 99% of drivers who use the RH lane.

Can’t ever remember bringing the roundabout to a standstill, though. :unamused:

I agree with this, its all well and good when you know the road lay out,or fully freighted and don’t want to hold others up, but it may catch some one out who has never used it, both lanes off the sliproad are good for the 180.

I may be wrong here but if you’ve been down recently their doing roadworks and changed everything around, is that not what we’re referring too?

I tried Tommy I tried :wink:

I use the left lane as most of the traffic uses the right lane . And usually I leave them behind and im away

GETTING:
I use the left lane as most of the traffic uses the right lane . And usually I leave them behind and im away

none of you lot have obviously been using this roundabout for a while then! :unamused: and for the ones saying use the right hand lane? :open_mouth: :bulb: and not well signposted too? :question: :exclamation: drivers and screwdrivers! :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

GETTING:

none of you lot have obviously been using this roundabout for a while then! :unamused: and for the ones saying use the right hand lane? :open_mouth: :bulb: and not well signposted too? :question: :exclamation: drivers and screwdrivers! :grimacing:

Use the right as turning right to M180.Seems obvious enough.Real problem is that the junction is a poor design and should be a proper interchange,similar to the ones they have in most Euro countries.A roundabout with traffic lights is not any good and causes horrendous jams.Mind you,it’s costs less than doing a proper job.

Just because I can I travel up the n/s lane while smiling at everyone bunching up in lane 2 to deny me access into that lane. I then turn into the services, do a lap, come straight back out and join the 180 with no bother. :smiley:

the maoster:
Just because I can I travel up the n/s lane while smiling at everyone bunching up in lane 2 to deny me access into that lane. I then turn into the services, do a lap, come straight back out and join the 180 with no bother. :smiley:

lol :laughing: