M180 today (or lack of)

Did anyone else on here get totally messed up with the goings on on the M180? I managed to miss it on my way out at about 12:45 but on my return to Scunthorpe tonight it took me just under three hours to travel down the A18 alongside the M180 between Junctions 1 and 2, actual driving time must have been no more than 20 minutes. On my way home in the car I noticed that the Tesco’s car park and especially the B&Q car park in Scunthorpe where FULL of trucks, from what I gather there has been chaos in Scunny all day and everyone obviously ran out of time and parked in the nearest available spot.

it took me an hour to get through scunthorpe eastbound in the morning, and 6 hours to get from jct 4 to the m18 westbound a bit later on. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It appears that an accident occurred on the M180 resulting in a contra flow being put into place (Badly) resulting in cars travelling up the wrong carriageway and ultimately one being involved in a head on smash, both cars involved were carrying children who were seriously injured according to the News on Lincs FM this morning.

Somehow I think Heads will Roll for this ■■■■ up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I also heared on the radio that after the head on crash between the cars, a truck driver was hit as he stood on the hard shoulder and was taken to hospital, I hope he’s ok.

taken from bbc news website :

Two people have been killed and a number of children seriously injured in a head-on motorway crash.
A police spokeswoman said a Vauxhall car being driven the wrong way down the M180 in North Lincolnshire collided with two other vehicles.

“There appears to have been at least two adult fatalities and other people, including a number of children, with serious injuries,” she added.

The motorway was shut both ways between junctions two and four.

Lorry driver injured

Earlier on the same motorway an injured lorry driver had sheltered under his vehicle for up to an hour before being airlifted to hospital after being struck by a passing car, police said.

Humberside officers said the goods vehicle driver was working on his lorry at the side of the M180 between junctions three and four on Monday morning.

He suffered chest and leg injuries and crawled under his lorry for protection before a passing motorist called 999.

The man was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary by the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Police said the motorist whose car struck the driver may be unaware of any collision and the fact that anyone was injured.

Officers were called to the east-bound carriageway at 1038 BST, but the accident could have happened up to an hour before they were alerted.

i heardÔ—t on the radio that a car travelling down the wrong way down the moterway… well i hope he was one the ones killed the ■■■■■■.

From what Davey Driver says it looks like a tragic accident due to someone being confused due to the way the contra flow was set up. These things aren’t always easy to follow, I’ve witnessed a few times people in their cars get confused and for no apparent reason shoot off somewhere else and end up in the roadworks amongst the tippers and workers rather than in the contraflow.