M18 truck stop fire

Going past the truck stop this morning just before 4am and noticed fire engine in there and a truck fire had been put out. Going back past at 1030 ish i noticed a semi burnt out unit (think it was xpc on front)

Hope the driver managed to escape unharmed,and the wagons around it manged to get out the way quick enough.

Scary to think that a driver could be trapped and burnt alive in his unit.

HGV:
Going past the truck stop this morning just before 4am and noticed fire engine in there and a truck fire had been put out. Going back past at 1030 ish i noticed a semi burnt out unit (think it was xpc on front)

Hope the driver managed to escape unharmed,and the wagons around it manged to get out the way quick enough.

I’ve read in a forum somewhere it was the security that noticed the fire and woke all around it and got them shifted and the driver is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IavAgo:

HGV:

I’ve read in a forum somewhere it was the security that noticed the fire and woke all around it and got them shifted and the driver is ok

Good to hear then! Also good that security was on, if there wasnt could of been bad. Never knew truck stops had security (cant you tell i do not do nights out lol)

And fair play to the security man for not being asleep that time of night as I’m sure I would have been :blush:

They have had a few problems this week with curtains being slashed, so I`d imagine their security would have been on their toes anyway :wink:

Apparently the driver got out that quickly that he was stood with nothing on but a hard in the middle of the truck park.

You can see the culprit escaping in that pic mate.

Fancy trying to undercut Boughey’s. Have some of that! :grimacing:

Interesting it is a Euro6 XF. Have just had the night heater completely replaced on my one, as I switched it on one morning recently, only to see lots of white smoke behind the cab. Got out to investigate. Got back in and there was thick white smoke coming out the night heater vents filling the cab up and a strong smell of burning. Turned it off quickly and thankfully it stopped smoking, but night heater no longer worked.

This makes me think about not sleeping naked any more.

the maoster:
Apparently the driver got out that quickly that he was stood with nothing on but a hard in the middle of the truck park.

Must’ve been a pyrophilliac