M18 South Closed 08 FEB 13

Accident - Multi-vehicle Accident - Involving HGV:

On the M18 Southbound there are severe delays caused by congestion due to a multi-vehicle accident closing the M18 Southbound between Junctions J3 and J2 (A1M).

Motorway expected to re-open 1400.

your kidding! - glad i went straight up the a1 :open_mouth:

BBC are reporting this as a Fatal. :frowning:

extrucker:

Yes - one person is dead.

The M18 J2 South is a bad junction - too many drivers cutting
in at the last minute to save two seconds as they join the A1M -
then jumping on the brakes at the last minute as they see the
queuing traffic.

Not sure if that happened in this particular incident.

Dieseldoforme:

extrucker:

Yes - one person is dead.

The M18 J2 South is a bad junction - too many drivers cutting
in at the last minute to save two seconds as they join the A1M -
then jumping on the brakes at the last minute as they see the
queuing traffic.

Not sure if that happened in this particular incident.

isnt that the case pretty much all the time - people diving in last minute - into your stopping distance! :imp: it does my head in.

sixaxles666:
isnt that the case pretty much all the time - people diving in last minute - into your stopping distance! :imp: it does my head in.

Yes that’s true - but I think this particular junction has a bit of a blind, left hand
bend on the approach, making any queue less visble.

It probably needs a third lane between J3 and J2, with Lane One being for the A1M.

Dieseldoforme:

sixaxles666:

Yes that’s true - but I think this particular junction has a bit of a blind, left hand
bend on the approach, making any queue less visble.

It probably needs a third lane between J3 and J2, with Lane One being for the A1M.

i agree, i used to keep my truck at the farm you can see on your left as you pass j4, until my uncle sold it to the biggest crook going! he went bust and set it on fire in the end, the whole section could do with a third lane really but having a dedicated one for the a1 would make a lot of sense - but it would stop the last minute legends.

A South Yorkshire Police Spokesman said:

“It is believed that a man, thought to be in his 50’s, got out of his vehicle
after he was involved in a collision and was fatally hit by another
vehicle or vehicles travelling in an adjoining lane.

A number of other vehicles then collided as a result."

Improvements already announced

doncasterfreepress.co.uk/new … -1-5004364

Very Tragic it was one of our drivers involved in accident there was an inital accident one of the car drivers got out his vehicle a further vehicle swerved into our truck trying to avoid the cars blocking his path our truck swerved and hit the poor gentleman RIP this then caused further collisions our drivers very shaken and shocked but said he wants to get back behind wheel monday police have already taken any blame away from him .