M11 rollover

Anyone caught in this today? pigs everywhere!

youtube.com/watch?v=3mAVDX1u1hs

And some porkers too!

Lighting mcqueen:
Anyone caught in this today? pigs everywhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mAVDX1u1hs

Porking hell !! :laughing: :laughing:

I bet the driver (hope he/she was ok) felt like a pig after that happened :blush:

Everyone probably went for a good fry up of BACON & eggs to warm up afterwards…

pigs, rounding up pigs. :laughing:

lol

One of the funniest things I ever saw, was a police car, following a pig going South on the North bound carriageway at leeming. He had his blue lights on, just following it, obviously trying to work out what to do next, or what to charge it with.
Unfortunately it was a long time before camera phones or even youtube.

As they were going to slaughter anyway…wouldn’t it have been quicker just to shoot them then and there…?

Instead of prancing about having a laugh while miles of traffic built up?

renaultman:

You mean that we haven’t always had Camera Phones or Youtube? !!!

My god how did we all Manage LOl

We were just talking about Televisions the Other Day and my son (26 yrs old) didn’t believe that Colour TV has only been with us since the late 60’s Lol

Davey Driver:

renaultman:

You mean that we haven’t always had Camera Phones or Youtube? !!!

My god how did we all Manage LOl

We were just talking about Televisions the Other Day and my son (26 yrs old) didn’t believe that Colour TV has only been with us since the late 60’s Lol

Don’t get me started on an ‘I remember the days’ thread. I feel old enough as it is :laughing:

anybody know who the hauiler was? how did they manage to turn over on the straight? what a porker :blush:

steve07:
anybody know who the hauiler was? how did they manage to turn over on the straight? what a porker :blush:

Probably the driver was a bit Ham fisted :blush:

there just fancied a trot before been put in the pot :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh bless em, god willing let them free!!!

i bet the driver was a bit disGRUNTled :blush:
hat,coat TAXI…

steve07:

the haulier was chris p bacon who runs (erm trots) out of swineshead nr boston…

glad to see the driver was ok except for a headache and a slight rasher on his arm :stuck_out_tongue:

DonutUK:
As they were going to slaughter anyway…wouldn’t it have been quicker just to shoot them then and there…?

Instead of prancing about having a laugh while miles of traffic built up?

No is the short answer. The RSPCA would of been called to the scene to ensure the humane treatment of livestock. Only animals considered to be in serious distress and suffering would of been destroyed at the scene. (When i say RSPCA, these aren’t the kind that you report the geezer next door for mistreating his hamster. These guys deal with slaughter houses day in day out and train and examine operatives for their licence to slaughter and to ensure that the meat the ends up on our table is handled in the correct manner)

Funniest thing in the video was the fireman pointing the direction of which way the pigs had to walk, i wonder if he thought they were taking any notice?

3+ wreckers to right a truck :question: surely 2 would do the job :question: :confused:

According to the Daily Express the M11 was closed for twelve hours whilst they rounded them up.

How many thousand were there? There are many pig farms around here and I’ve never seen them take that long to round them up.

The incident started at 5am and I was the last to leave the road fully open at 15.10pm
the southbound was closed for 8 hours the northbound 6hours

82 pigs 16 loose on the motorway 4dead on the road 2 shoot on the verge due to severe injuries.
60 trapped in the 3 level trailer 3dead+3 shoot onboard due to injuries very distressing scene the
sound of trapped pigs squealing was horrendous.

The Pigs weighed in at around 25-30stone each!

The HGV wiped out 250meters of central crash barrier! 4 barrier crews repaired the barrier before the road was safe to open.

this is from our local newspaper harlowstar.co.uk/harlowstar- … sp?ID=4739