M1 shut J28 (A38 Mansfield / Derby) [4-6-21]

Heads up for anyone trying to get home up the M1 north. Not sure if its affecting south currently. 3 trucks crashed between junction 28 and Tibshelf services.

M1 closed at J28 northbound where it meets the A38 Mansfield / Derby / Newark road and has been since about 4.30pm. No current reopening time.

Diversion via A38 east, keep going passed Kings Mill hospital and out towards A617 > J29. Looks like it utter chaos going by Google maps. Don’t recommend any of the back roads like Huthwaite as they are a bit narrow for lots of traffic.

Prob best to go via A1 if possible although you’ll hit quite a bit of traffic on A52 to A42 to A1 Newark route this time of day.

Edit: Corrected as DCPCFML pointed out error in identifying junction.

chad.co.uk/news/people/thre … ns-3261976

That is J29 in the photo, which is where the crash is, as can be seen.

Fortunately the tanker remained upright and secure, so the boys & girls can remove their nail varnish after the weekend.

I wonder if the tanker was broken down or had sweered onto the verge there himself to avoid crashing into whatever was in front of him?

That Iveco Cargo hasn’t held up well :astonished: . I don’t fancy the chances of any passenger still having their legs intact looking at how far it’s come up the tanker skelly.

DCPCFML:
I wonder if the tanker was broken down or had sweered onto the verge there himself to avoid crashing into whatever was in front of him?

That Iveco Cargo hasn’t held up well :astonished: . I don’t fancy the chances of any passenger still having their legs intact looking at how far it’s come up the tanker skelly.

I went past southbound not long after it had happened. Looked to me as though traffic was queuing off the slip and back onto the carriageway.

Also looked like one guy was on the deck behind the Iveco awaiting treatment.

Well worth…

The risk for £12.50 an hour.