M1 northbound lorry fire J23 to J23A

leicestermercury.co.uk/Drive … story.html

What a mess ,looked like a scania when I went past ,I couldn’t tell what the load was ,3 hrs later on the way back I went through ratby to Copt oak to shepshed and diseworth with ease .could of been a load of mattress s as there was small curls of steel wire on the road .

That sure is some fire, and according to the report it was carrying beds / mattresses, i thought they were fire resistant :laughing:

truckyboy:
That sure is some fire, and according to the report it was carrying beds / mattresses, i thought they were fire resistant :laughing:

Glad you said that about mattresses, I passed it on the South side and thought it looked like sofa springs or somthing like that.

Cheers Welly.

Looks like I was the only one on hear to see it with my own eyes
yes when I was driving down the road the traffic on south bouned slowed right down and a huge pool of black smoke could be seen 2 miles before
As I got to the fire I was in inside lane and burnt truck on hard sholder of the other carrage way
I had the window open and the heat comming from it was verry hot and the base of the fire was about 4 times taller then the fire engine
I have had loads of fires my self (oil drum size) but this is the biggest fire I had ever seen and was quite imtimidating being so close to the base
And thus being such a big fire the smoke did not start until about 20 foot high but I had to do my window up still as smoke was comming in
The wagon was all burn out and it looked like some of the metal had melted on the floor covered with firemans CO2

I have seen RTA and stuff and never seen it as big as that
But I have never been on the front line of an RTA yet; where it is right in front of my truck
Dreaming of that big day of becoming a superhero, having the right tackel and knowing what to do
So what tools should I leave in my cab for when that big days comes and what should I expect for that fether in my cap off the mayor

Boss and Driver talking ■■■■■■■■ again. CO2 disperses into the air. It smoothers the fire by taking away the oxygen supply, hence why it’s not a good idea to use one in a confined space. Can’t remember what it’s called but firefighters use some stuff with the properties of foam/dry powder now for fuel fires etc.(I’m an ex fire service cadet and it was starting to be used back then when Halon was banned).