M1 north leicester diversion

The M1 was closed and everything was being diverted along the Leicester ring road.But because of the long queues there,I headed towards the city centre intending to turn left on the A47 which would carry me back onto the ring road,but then I realised the bridge 15.9 and Im running at 16.The sign said " city centre avoiding low bridge"turn left so I took that and ,bang,straight ahead 7.5 tonne weight limit,nowhere to turn round,but my question is,Who was this sign aimed at?
Does such a vehicle exist,over 15.9 height but under 7.5 tonnes!!!

Sploom:
The M1 was closed and everything was being diverted along the Leicester ring road.But because of the long queues there,I headed towards the city centre intending to turn left on the A47 which would carry me back onto the ring road,but then I realised the bridge 15.9 and Im running at 16.The sign said " city centre avoiding low bridge"turn left so I took that and ,bang,straight ahead 7.5 tonne weight limit,nowhere to turn round,but my question is,Who was this sign aimed at?

Not 7.5tons or less highly unlikely. Rigid double deckers could be an issue but they are over 7.5 tons anyway and fairly rare. Not sure what the maximum height is on double deck rigids mind

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Just go for it, by the time the locals have got their slippers & specs on to see what the all the fuss was about, you will be flying up the A50

Anybody else get caught up in that debacle around J3a M42 s/b on Sunday night / Monday morning, I now know that there is a bridge in central Brum that takes a 14.6 although it is marked 14.3 #limbo :open_mouth:

Sploom:

Did the sign say No 7.5 t ?
Or no 7.5t Except for Access? So it would have been OK for those actually going to the City Center, like it said> City Centre.

You wanna go off route with a high trailer to avoid traffic? Up to you…

Yes,it said for access,I understand now.Yes,had to go off route to avoid traffic,needed 4.5 hours driving

Sploom:
Yes,it said for access,I understand now.Yes,had to go off route to avoid traffic,needed 4.5 hours driving

So, heading for a known ■■■■■■■■■■■■, within your 4hr30, when diverted off, and looking like going over because of diversion?
Horrible, agreed.
But maybe that is the “unforeseen circumstances” that are tolerated?

PS I acknowledge I`m sat here second guessing summat, that was happening live to you. But thinking about how others behave in the past helps us plan for our own future decisions.

Oh,ok…
I dont normally mind going off route.I came down the M1 today everyone was queuing to get past the accident which was just where the flight path is but hardly anyone turned off ,it was so easy just to pull,up past donnington services,straight back down the slip road,back on a clear M1,happy days

Sploom:
The M1 was closed and everything was being diverted along the Leicester ring road.But because of the long queues there,I headed towards the city centre intending to turn left on the A47

Even though there’s queues the diversion only adds about 15-20 minutes. Queues are only up to the second roundabout on the ring road which is a traffic light controlled roundabout then after that it’s free flowing on the speed limit all the way back to the M1 precisely because that roundabout limits the flow of traffic.

Ok,cheers