M1 night time shut j20 to 19?

Is it still shut at night? Took A50 across last Friday night to avoid m6 toll and/or road works and closure only for the m1 to be shut at j20 south bound. Bout an hour’s delay on my journey getting through it.

Been open all week mate

If it is shut, just come off at J20 and turn right. Then turn left at the first roundabout, follow the A426 towards Rugby until you get to the M6 J1. Then hit the M6 southbound and pick up the M1 again.

gickniff:
Been open all week mate

At nighttime?

Rhythm Thief:
If it is shut, just come off at J20 and turn right. Then turn left at the first roundabout, follow the A426 towards Rugby until you get to the M6 J1. Then hit the M6 southbound and pick up the M1 again.

That’s what I done last week but it took 40 mins to get off the motorway in the cue.

pavaroti:

Rhythm Thief:

That’s what I done last week but it took 40 mins to get off the motorway in the cue.

Blimey. What time were you there? That diversion usually adds ten minutes max to my shift.

It was about midnight last Friday. I was well ■■■■■■ off. Should have stayed on m6 and took the toll.

Yes it was open Monday morning as I went thru it at about 04.30 no problem , but as has been mentioned turn right at j 20 turn left for shawell and pick up the A5 for j18