M1 minibus crash, first day in court

it all boils down to what i said would happen 90 pages ago.
the difference in the sentences is due to the media wanting a victim and the judge neding to cover his bum.
the flipflop got both barrels and gets crucified.
mr fedex ( poor guy) gets charged with dangerous so the crown deffo get a guilty by plea for careless.
fedex made a mistake each and everyone on here will have done at some point in the past or future but in his case he lost out bigtime.
the diffenernce in sentencing for similar accidents only varies in how much media attention it attracts.
its well reported mr minibus got at most 3 hours kip and if the divvy was aying more atention then he would have driven round the parked artic in similar fashion to the previous 12 mins heavy volume of traffic and in which case,mr fedex would have creamed himself and the flipflop would be in jail for prob 2 years instead of the 6 or 7 he will be in for.
just bad luck for wagstaff who in reality will be as good a driver as most on here having only be guilty of being bored senseless in the middle of a night trunk.mabey his phone or ■■■ dropped or he was standing up a bit to untangle his clakkerbags as you do,only he will know anyway.
the taliban tend to me more flipant and prone to drink driving in normal times due to the relaxed attitude in their own country.
just bad luck for him and wagstaff.
if the minibus had been more alert,they wouldnt have been parked where they were,but for obvious reasons,then nobody is going to blame him otherwise derby or wherever he came from will have mass riots and bin lids banging for weeks to come.

dieseldog999:
mabey… he was standing up a bit to untangle his clakkerbags

I hope to christ the last thing those poor souls in the minibus saw befofe departing this mortal coil was not a lorry driver’s groin with a hand fondling it!

well surely we have all been in that predicament at some point?
alls well for a while then it dawns on you your squashing a bollok and you need to get up out of the saddle to part them properly.
always best not to be overtaking a school bus at the same time though… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
the difference in the sentences is due to the media wanting a victim and the judge neding to cover his bum.
mr fedex ( poor guy) gets charged with dangerous so the crown deffo get a guilty by plea for careless.
fedex made a mistake each and everyone on here will have done at some point in the past or future but in his case he lost out bigtime.
the diffenernce in sentencing for similar accidents only varies in how much media attention it attracts.
its well reported mr minibus got at most 3 hours kip and if the divvy was aying more atention then he would have driven round the parked artic in similar fashion to the previous 12 mins heavy volume of traffic and in which case,mr fedex would have creamed himself and the flipflop would be in jail for prob 2 years instead of the 6 or 7 he will be in for.
just bad luck for wagstaff who in reality will be as good a driver as most on here having only be guilty of being bored senseless in the middle of a night trunk.mabey his phone or ■■■ dropped or he was standing up a bit to untangle his clakkerbags as you do,only he will know anyway.
the taliban tend to me more flipant and prone to drink driving in normal times due to the relaxed attitude in their own country.
if the minibus had been more alert,they wouldnt have been parked where they were,but for obvious reasons,then nobody is going to blame him otherwise derby or wherever he came from will have mass riots and bin lids banging for weeks to come.

And that is the truth of it,very well put,spot on.

dieseldog999:

Enough said I guess!

“fedex made a mistake each and everyone on here will have done at some point in the past”

Seriously?
11 seconds eyes off the road? Mistake?
Don’t think each and every one has done it at all. He was busy doing something completely different than driving for 11 seconds. And at 56mph thats a lot of time. I hope it’s not normal among us, drivers.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“if the minibus had been more alert”

Think it’s Wagstaff who could have been more alert.

bobbya:

dieseldog999:

I trust your being sarcy!

Markk80:
“fedex made a mistake each and everyone on here will have done at some point in the past”

Seriously?
Don’t think each and every one has done it at all. He was busy doing something completely different than driving for 11 seconds. And at 56mph thats a lot of time. I hope it’s not normal among us, drivers.

Given he kept it in lane I doubt his “11 seconds eyes off the road” is correct in the literal sense. More likely he didn’t process what he saw.

I said at the time and still wonder if he saw lights and assumed it was a broken down vehicle with a fitter on the hard shoulder. Just on “autopilot” as so many have admitted to and didn’t process it was in front of him

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

Seriously?

Given he kept it in lane I doubt his “11 seconds eyes off the road” is correct in the literal sense. More likely he didn’t process what he saw.

I said at the time and still wonder if he saw lights and assumed it was a broken down vehicle with a fitter on the hard shoulder. Just on “autopilot” as so many have admitted to and didn’t process it was in front of him

But he didn’t even touched brakes or steering.
Sorry but I’m still convinced he wasn’t looking.

Markk80:

I won’t disagree about Wagstaff but it doesn’t exclude the actions of others being questioned.

Also if you quote my FULL comment I said “maybe if the minibus had been more alert”

Markk80:

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

Seriously?

Why would he brake/steer if he thought it was on the hard shoulder?

Maybe he wasn’t looking, but he kept in lane for those 11 seconds so he must have had some attention

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

I won’t disagree about Wagstaff but it doesn’t exclude the actions of others being questioned.

Also if you quote my FULL comment I said “maybe if the minibus had been more alert”

I was quoting Dieseldog999

mattecube:

bobbya:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^
i trust he isnt,but then its a forum with different views,hence mine obviously differ from yours though obviously i think my observation is spot on . :slight_smile:

Markk80:

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

I was quoting Dieseldog999

Apologies, you hadn’t said who and I posted something very similar so assumed it was from me

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

kcrussell25:

Markk80:

Seriously?

Why would he brake/steer if he thought it was on the hard shoulder?

Maybe he wasn’t looking, but he kept in lane for those 11 seconds so he must have had some attention

Only he knows what he was doing. And I think he will not forget what it was for the rest of his life.

BTW I hope the drivers I share the roads with know the difference between live lane and hard shoulder

mattecube:

bobbya:

dieseldog999:

No I am not being sarky,totally agree,thank you.

BTW I hope the drivers I share the roads with know the difference between live lane and hard shoulder

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^
the tangs definitely know the difference. the hard shoulder is what you have to drive down if the driver in lane 1 is watching a good dvd and your mates already alongside him in lane 2. :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

mattecube:

bobbya:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^
i trust he isnt,but then its a forum with different views,hence mine obviously differ from yours though obviously i think my observation is spot on . :slight_smile:

Full of bigotry and nonsense indicative of the lower end of our profession.

id have thought my original observations have been exactly the outcome of the sentences dished out…i rest my case m`lud