M1/ m18 north 2/12/10 6am

Did anyone else witness the transporter jackknife? I was about 200m behind it when it happend and it was a miricle it stayed upright as he was carrying transit vans. Im not sure what happed as it happend so fast 1 min im looking at his taillights the next im looking at his headlights. Hope the driver was ok. I was told later that a stobart truck had hit him after the jacknife.

i went past the aftermath of the one that closed the m18 south onto the m1 yesterday. that one was on it’s side, blocking the southbound slip completely. hope the driver was ok.

timmo:
i went past the aftermath of the one that closed the m18 south onto the m1 yesterday. that one was on it’s side, blocking the southbound slip completely. hope the driver was ok.

i didnt see that 1

There was an Argos decker jacknifed at the same spot about 0430 on Friday morning as well :astonished: :astonished:
Hope the driver’s are OK :question: :question:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The transporter driver that jacknifed was ok ,not sure what happened though as have been away all week .
Saw the one on the m18 getting righted yesterday looked like it was carrying ovaltine or something ,right mess .

scotty1972:
The transporter driver that jacknifed was ok.

glad to hear it, the missus managed to get my boxers clean aswell lol

the transporter guy is a good friend of mine, he is absolutely fine was talking to him after it happened, he said hes front wheel just touched the fresh snow to the side of where it had just been ploughed ripping the steering wheel out of his hands causing the underpant changing moment. No damage to the vehicles he was carrying as the company sent in another truck to take the vehicles off him to get them delivered, dont know how much damage was done to the unit but the trailer was fine as they sent another unit down to him.

davepenn54:
There was an Argos decker jacknifed at the same spot about 0430 on Friday morning as well :astonished: :astonished:

Regards
Dave Penn;

i wasn’t dreaming then there was a argos truck jack knifed. had everyone telling me it was a transporter but could of sworn there was a argos truck lol.

fingers:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

i wasn’t dreaming then there was a argos truck jack knifed. had everyone telling me it was a transporter but could of sworn there was a argos truck lol.

Yes mate you were not dreaming there was an Argos Decker jacknifed at the M1 - M18 Northbound interchange at about 0430 - 0500 on Thursday AM. I was going South but saw the incident and think they might have had it moved pretty quickly as the road was quiet. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :cry:

Regards
Dave Penn;