m1 j9-j10

well stuck northbound between junction 9 and junction 10 been here about 3 hours, not moving, people are owt and about looking up the motorway (as if that helps), supposed to be at fastmag at dunstable before 12, oh well just a little bit late then lol :slight_smile:

I asked for an early finish today and it was granted. Then my motor had to be used on the night shift and his trailer mud guard fell off, so I leave nottingham for west Thurock at 0730 for 11am tip. M1 closed junction 10 causing massive delays, diversion down a5 is no good due to a smash and its closed for air ambulance. Smash at junction 20 on m1 means I’m held up further 45 mins to get off at lester at 21 and head for a6 to pick up a14 to m11 and had to stop for 45. Get to filling station at west Thurock and card is rejected and now sitting waiting for a bay and only 4 hours to do a 3 hour drive back so any more hold ups and I won’t make it and won’t be able to do tomorrows run and night out.
Moral of the story is don’t ask for an early finish :laughing: what a ■■■■■■■ day!!!

OllieNotts:
only 4 hours to do a 3 hour drive back so any more hold ups and I won’t make it and won’t be able to do tomorrows run and night out.

Well there is one thing that could make you get back to base with time to spare, as that 1 hour will soon get eaten up stop starting on the m-way :imp: :imp: , i’ll give you a clue - begins with an ‘M’ and ends in ‘agnet’ :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would you get night out money tonight though? or do you want tomorrows night out as it more because its a weekend?

I’ve just stopped for fuel at junction 9 truck stop and got 100 miles and 2.5 hours to do it and its stacked! Get night out money yeah but doing tomorrow as a favour I’ll only get paid for time spent running in :frowning: if I can’t get back though I won’t make tomorrows run times so we’ll see I’ve got what I need anyway and lucky enough to be in a daf 105. Not nighted out in 2 weeks after tramping so can’t grumble :slight_smile:

Was caught in the traffic southbound, and headed off at J12 for the A5… same as alot of others d’oh! :laughing: Can’t win em’ all lol!

But what happened though, apparently it happened about 3am and wasn’t open till early afternoon so must have been pretty serios :frowning:

it was an eddie stobbard on its side then it caught fire,bet there planing department had a major headache today,but i heard a rumour stobbards will re,emburse any transport company who lost money today if you were runing under what they charge per mile,oops ime not bitter

Stu190:
Was caught in the traffic southbound, and headed off at J12 for the A5… same as alot of others d’oh! :laughing: Can’t win em’ all lol!

But what happened though, apparently it happened about 3am and wasn’t open till early afternoon so must have been pretty serios :frowning:

One of Eddie’s had an offside puncture. :sunglasses:

Hope it was not one of them highly flamable bombs of diesel.
serious note, Hope the driver is ok.

I was running north this morning between 8 and 9 when the signs all lit up with the closure warning. Got to junction 10 no problem and the red X’s were above each lane but no HATO or police closure yet. I got off at 10 and nipped through Luton and back on a 11with no delay.

On the way back I got down to 13 with no problem, the bit between the M6 and there was like a Sunday morning traffic wise as most people had gone other ways, but the sign there was saying Junction 10 15 miles 1 hour 40 minutes so I got off at 13 and nipped through to the A1 via Ampthill and Stotfold and was finished for 11:30. I would have gone and sat in it, nice little earner, if I had enough driving time but I got back to the yard with only 12 minutes left for the day so it wasn’t an option.

3 hours i was sat there, put the overtime up a little bit :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
I was running north this morning between 8 and 9 when the signs all lit up with the closure warning. Got to junction 10 no problem and the red X’s were above each lane but no HATO or police closure yet. I got off at 10 and nipped through Luton and back on a 11with no delay.

On the way back I got down to 13 with no problem, the bit between the M6 and there was like a Sunday morning traffic wise as most people had gone other ways, but the sign there was saying Junction 10 15 miles 1 hour 40 minutes so I got off at 13 and nipped through to the A1 via Ampthill and Stotfold and was finished for 11:30. I would have gone and sat in it, nice little earner, if I had enough driving time but I got back to the yard with only 12 minutes left for the day so it wasn’t an option.

you could have sat in it all day & all night if neccesary, dont think VOSA would try to fine you for being stuck on a closed motorway, but then you know everything

green456:

Coffeeholic:

you could have sat in it all day & all night if neccesary, dont think VOSA would try to fine you for being stuck on a closed motorway

But once the motorway was opened I would have had to park and I would rather have been home yesterday.

Also, the exemption for exceeding hours only applies to unforeseen delays. Coming back down from Walsall at that time it was on all the radio stations, on the matrix signs and on signs telling you how long it would be to junction 10. Exceeding driving or duty time under those circumstances you would not be able to use the stuck in traffic excuse as unforeseen would not be the case so you would probably be done for it.

green456:
but then you know everything

Not everything, just more than you when it comes to the tacho regs. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I managed to avoid it by going up the A14 and across the A45 to j15, came back down the M40 without a single hold up. I’ve never seen the trafiic so quiet going through the roadworks on the M25, it was like a ghost town.

Cherwell Valley was absolutley heaving though, never seen a queue for the services like that before