M1 J38-J36 Closure Last Week

The M1 southbound, between junctions 38 and 36, was closed last Tuesday from around 0200 to 0500. Anyone know why?

I had loaded out of Normanton and was heading home. Drove past junction 38 and the matrix sign after the junction stated that the motorway was closed between 38 and 36 (fat lot of good that was!). I had no choice but to drive up to the queue. Stopped about half a mile from the front of the queue, switched off and walked down to find out what was happening. The Highways Agency blokes said there was an incident. I asked what kind of incident, they replied ‘just an incident’.

Three hours later we’re moving… Driving along that particular section of carriageway there was nothing to indicate what had happened.

Last night, the traffic was murder. I was running down to Bicester on the M40 at around 2200 hrs. There was an accident on the opposite side involving several cars just after junction 11 (Banbury) and plod had just arrived. Running back a hour and a half later, plod was still there with a couple of recovery trucks and the damaged cars but the motorway was open.

I thought it was odd that the M1 was shut whilst the M40 remained open. Any idea?

Bob

Thats an awesome username :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quality :wink:

Probably somebody threatening to jump from the motorway bridge at Dodworth again!