M1 J30-31 diversion route

I see the M1 has night closures 15-17th Oct between J30 and J31.

I’ve had a look at the map, and no route seems that obvious of short. A few routes appear to have low bridges on them too.

Does anybody know which route is/will be the official diversion route? I just want to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance.

ezydriver:

I’ve had a look at the map, and no route seems that obvious of short. A few routes appear to have low bridges on them too.

Does anybody know which route is/will be the official diversion route? I just want to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance.

How about picking your own route? You know, what like drivers used to do, in the olden days… :grimacing:

This route was taken from a site which had a previous diversion when a body was found on the M1 northbound. It’s looks like a 30 mile diversion
Maybe there is a better way

Those travelling in vehicles above 14ft 3ins

Exit the M1 at j30

At the roundabout take the first exit onto the A6135 and follow for approximately three miles until you reach the intersection.

Turn right onto the B6052 and straight onto the B6053. Continue for 2.8 miles taking the second exit at every roundabout.

Take the third exit onto the A57 and proceed for three miles following the signs for the M1.

At the junction take the first exit and re-join the M1

ezydriver:

Where are you going from and where are you going to? It may be that the A1 is a better alternative, especially if you’re coming from south of M1 J13.

I had this diversion the other night, luckily it reopened just as I passed through.

Satnav was going to send me up the A618, which from what I remember has 1 low bridge at about 15’3" (I think) so I was going to take it as I’m just under 14’.

Asad_uk:
This route was taken from a site which had a previous diversion when a body was found on the M1 northbound. It’s looks like a 30 mile diversion
Maybe there is a better way

Those travelling in vehicles above 14ft 3ins

Exit the M1 at j30

At the roundabout take the first exit onto the A6135 and follow for approximately three miles until you reach the intersection.

Turn right onto the B6052 and straight onto the B6053. Continue for 2.8 miles taking the second exit at every roundabout.

Take the third exit onto the A57 and proceed for three miles following the signs for the M1.

At the junction take the first exit and re-join the M1

Cheers Asad. I did see that B6053, but assumed traffic wouldn’t be routed that way as it looks a bit too built up. Might not be too bad afterall.

Conor:
Where are you going from and where are you going to? It may be that the A1 is a better alternative, especially if you’re coming from south of M1 J13.

Northants to either Leeds, Wakefield, or Scunthorpe. The A46 Leics, then A1 is always an option for Scunny. Just seeing if there was a magical road somebody might have known about to turn 30-31 into a 5 minute diversion.

This diversion - will surely be disrupted, if the “peaceful Ambulance-occupant killers” sit right down in the middle of it?

…Meanwhile, the Police are busy trying to round-up flickers of ■■■ butts…
…around my locale at least. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Winseer:
This diversion - will surely be disrupted, if the “peaceful Ambulance-occupant killers” sit right down in the middle of it?

Insulate Britain protesters block M25 near Dartford Crossing

…Meanwhile, the Police are busy trying to round-up flickers of ■■■ butts…
…around my locale at least. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Police in Chatham investigate assault on boy left with burn injury from cigarette

Sorry, what the hell has this got to do with the OP asking about a diversion route in South Yorkshire on the M1 J30-J31■■