M1 J23a -J25

So, I’m driving down the A42 last night and I see all the matrix signs warning me of the new road layout on the M1 northbound. I have to say, I got a little giddy at the thought of driving all that fresh, virgin tarmac and seeing the results of 18 .on the of disruption.

Anyways, I drives round the slip to be greeted by lane closure signs and a 50 limit. Down to one lane between 23a and 24. “New road layout?” I though to myself, “it looks just like it has done for the past bloody year!”

The problem is, they’ve spent all this time putting down new tarmac etc so they don’t want all those horrible wagons actually using it. It’s a cost saving strategy since the less the tarmac is run over, the longer before it’ll need to be replaced…except the outside lane which will be potholes in 3 months.

If you’re doing it the other way it’s even better. Despite having supposedly finished that section, it’s still shut every night currently and last night they had a grand total of 2 little diggers doing something by the barrier which required a long multi junction diversion apparently. Btw, did you see anyone working northbound along the one lane section as I couldn’t see any activity last night beyond lots of cones and signs saying “technology testing”.

trevHCS:
The problem is, they’ve spent all this time putting down new tarmac etc so they don’t want all those horrible wagons actually using it. It’s a cost saving strategy since the less the tarmac is run over, the longer before it’ll need to be replaced…except the outside lane which will be potholes in 3 months.

If you’re doing it the other way it’s even better. Despite having supposedly finished that section, it’s still shut every night currently and last night they had a grand total of 2 little diggers doing something by the barrier which required a long multi junction diversion apparently. Btw, did you see anyone working northbound along the one lane section as I couldn’t see any activity last night beyond lots of cones and signs saying “technology testing”.

Northbound there was a couple of lads working on the embankment behind the barriers on the first stretch of restrictions. Nothing at all on the second set.