M1 J12-13 this morning

For those of you stuck in the congestion this morning,the main cause was a three vehicle shunt in the contraflow lane,which meant two drivers going to hospital.The worst of the congestion was caused by the Scania bulk tipper,who blocked the c/flow lane,then verbally abused the traffic officer dealing with the incident.By not being able to pass the crashed vehicles,which cars and vans were doing before the Scania’s arrival,he blocked the lane for all the motorists behind him.This also meant that fire and ambulance had to park in lane 2,effectively making the M1 a one lane motorway.For his efforts,the Scania driver received 3 points and £60 fine and was told by Police to stay in his cab due to several irate drivers stuck behind him.
Moral:Its not always quicker to jump the queue by using the contraflow :astonished:

extrucker:
…,he blocked the lane for all the motorists behind him.This also meant that fire and ambulance had to park in lane 2,effectively making the M1 a one lane motorway.For his efforts,the Scania driver received 3 points and £60 fine and was told by Police to stay in his cab due to several irate drivers stuck behind him.
Moral:Its not always quicker to jump the queue by using the contraflow :astonished:

Since 2006 there has been the “Emergency Workers Obstruction Act” with a fine of upto £5000.

He should consider himself lucky to get away a £60 fine.

he drove down the 6" 6’ lane? Sorry just trying to picture what he did in my head. Bulk tipper says it all though. Lol haha

Wot an idiot. I was stuck in that traffic this morning. Took me 1 hour to get from J12 to J13!!

:smiley: i was passing by on the opposite side on monday morning when this “was being sorted out”…
i knew straight away what happened :laughing: …it made my day …
i’d say 3 points and 60£ was a light punishment … why in the world would you drive artic bulker in lane 3/contraflow through roadworks? some people just never learn…

Oh he did get done then? He was behind me when sitting in the traffic, the contraflow lane was zipping past quite nicley whilst we were stationary, then we all seemed to move again. Went past the scene and saw the cars, thought “ooh nasty” as well as “didn’t wanna do that bud” going past the tipper.

Been tempted on so many occasions to go up it, but A. Just well, illegal. B. Our Vosa friends sit at junction 13 and would think their christmases have come at once and C. if theres a crash/breakdown, you can’t get around it!

I know we’re not all perfect, but abusing the traffic officer as well as being illegal? Just asking for it really :unamused:

Im sure,if the driver had got out and said to the officer,‘’ i’m very sorry,I was just trying to save time because im short on hours’’ ,we probably wouldn’t have been so keen to point out his error to the police.But squaring up to the officer wasn’t a wise thing to do.His English was good for an Eastern European though :laughing: This was one of five crashes on this stretch that morning.