M1 J10 Nortbound closed

The M1 is closed Northbound at J9 and J10 due to serious crash, two trucks, J10-11. Long delays. Southbound is also closed at J11, possibly due to Air Ambulance on scene.

No doubt we’ll have some experts on here within the next 20 minutes who will have analysed all the relevant data, and,
hanging, drawing, and quartering the guilty party /parties. Can’t wait. :laughing:

I blame society.

I blame the French…

I’ll put my money on the Eastern European Society.

Hi Sorry i`m a bit late, but here goes…
Scenario 1. There were 2 trucks heading northbound, the first one was minding his own business, the second one was changing his DVD, he had just watched part one of the terminator.

Scenario 2. There he was, fast approaching J9 when a car and caravan were intending to join the main carriageway, decided to pull straight out, of course he had been forgiven, because he had not driven such a large outfit for over a year, but in doing so, forced the hgv into the middle lane, whereby a Polish artic, whose driver was making his lunch on a mobile stove, was not paying attention, and ploughed into the rear of the hgv in front, pushing him into the central reservation, the good news was, the caravanner did indeed flash his nearside, and offside indicators simultaneously, just to say thanks for letting me out, before gaining speed, and disappearing into the distance.

Scenario 2 looks quite promising.

I blame Thatcher :grimacing:

what happened on the 42 :question:

i was stuck the there,most of the afternoon :frowning:

extrucker:
The M1 is closed Northbound at J9 and J10 due to serious crash, two trucks, J10-11. Long delays. Southbound is also closed at J11, possibly due to Air Ambulance on scene.

Nothing new there then!

commonrail:
what happened on the 42 :question:

i was stuck the there,most of the afternoon :frowning:

A truck carrying a forklift truck somehow managed to tipped the fork truck over.Had lanes 1&2 closed so they could get hi-ab in to right it up just before the airport junc

DieselDemon:
I’ll put my money on the Eastern European Society.

of course, after all it’s their country now, bow down & show some respect…

This sort of thing wouldnt happen if more goods were moved on trains.

Saaamon:

We should limit all trucks to 25mph to stop these sort of accidents. Drivers should have to take a test and have some kind of training :imp:

10-08:

Saaamon:

Drivers should have to take a test and have some kind of training :imp:

I strongly believe that they should scrap the whole pass in a class 2 then go for class 1 thing and instead require people to go straight to class 1 and have a mininum amount of seat time before being allowed to go for the test as it is then a specific motorway test before being allowed to drive solo.

Saaamon:

10-08:

Saaamon:

Drivers should have to take a test and have some kind of training :imp:

I strongly believe that they should scrap the whole pass in a class 2 then go for class 1 thing and instead require people to go straight to class 1 and have a mininum amount of seat time before being allowed to go for the test as it is then a specific motorway test before being allowed to drive solo.

I think for all classes we should have a more workbook type test where you have to cover things like motorway, night, and poor weather driving with a proper instructor before you can get your full licence.

I was caught up in this…I’d just passed the Hemel junction (j8) when I stopped. 4 1/2 hours later I came off at j12 & looked for somewhere to park up. Does anybody (seriously) know what happened. I know the Southbound was closed for a while to let the air ambulance land but haven’t heard anything re. any casualties.

Drove past this yesterday, heard it was between two lorries but all I saw was a mangled sainsbury Axor in the middle lane, hope the driver was okay.

Axo:
Drove past this yesterday, heard it was between two lorries but all I saw was a mangled sainsbury Axor in the middle lane, hope the driver was okay.

Sainsbury truck was stuck in the back of a jacknifed empty flatbed. Driver was concious and looked bored in the driver seat with a neck brace held on by someone sat on the bunk.

made me think if that ever happens to be ill want someone to shut the curtains… the rubberneck traffic was doing about 5mph southbound, probably more than a few people took photos of it all.

About 10 minutes before the traffic slowed southbound I passed a truck and the driver was sat with a tablet resting on his steering wheel between his hands. not even joking.

I believe Axor driver has a broken leg.