M&S DHL

Hi I have been offered a hgv position long eaton hgv days tues-sat 23000 anyone think or know if good move

How many hours a week? What’s your start time going to be?

Is 23k a typo, did you mean 28k?

already said it pay isn’t good enough, locally some are on 25k for mon to fri. plus overtime and extra if weekends are worked.

It’s supermarket work, so probably not super long hours (probs 45 hrs), but regardless £23K is a disappointing salary offer for a full time Class 1 job in my opinion.

merc0447:
How many hours a week? What’s your start time going to be?

Is 23k a typo, did you mean 28k?

Surely he meant 30k+ anything under that ain’t worth doing.

9 am starts but walking distance can see depot yes I think low pay but what else local please

war1974:
already said it pay isn’t good enough, locally some are on 25k for mon to fri. plus overtime and extra if weekends are worked.

But where mate local Mon to Fri

Now feel sad lol where all the good jobs

23000, or 28000, really? for class 1? I know that tanker, moffat or hiab work usually pays more, but is anybody working full time for that kind of money on class 1,?

Sapper

That wage is appalling, are you sure that isn’t the starting basic for 40 hours and the real wage kicks in after the 13 week probationary.
If its 45/48 hours including every saturday it wants to be £32k, plus overtime calculated on a daily basis, not after the 45/48 is accrued.

david2867:
Now feel sad lol where all the good jobs

Wards Recycling 5mins from Long Eaton, don’t know if they are a little quiet right now though due to low scrap prices. Drivers seem happy enough there. DPM Haulage near Ilkeston have a few cab happy types.

Is it food for M&S or clothes?
I should imagine it’s clothes on the JRT contract if it’s for DHL.
If it is it’s very clean and easy work.
Some stores are crap to get into.
Staff at most if not all are good and helpful
Shame the rate where you are is crap.
You could add at least 5k onto that at their Swindon RDC.

sapper:
23000, or 28000, really? for class 1? I know that tanker, moffat or hiab work usually pays more, but is anybody working full time for that kind of money on class 1,?

Sapper

Hmm, we can debate ideals like time & a half for Saturdays etc. but i’d do a ■■■■ easy supermarket job with 8/9 hour day shifts for £28K basic Tues - Sat. Especially if it’s 9am starts and walking distance from home like for the OP. I’d never leave.

Just a shame they are being complete cheapskates only paying £23K. Could be worse, Wincanton only pay about that for 7 full weekends out of 10 at Asda Rochdale.

DHL seem to work on a 48-50 hour contract with overtime, Saturday rates etc but the basic rate tends to be £9-£10 per hour. 23k seems about right for a 50 hour week nearer the £9 end

that wage is appalling. dont accept crap wages and they may start to offer what we all deserve. good jobs are out there . im on 38k salary then my nights out on top. dont accept crap wages .

#bigmoney

rob22888:

sapper:

Sapper

Hmm, we can debate ideals like time & a half for Saturdays etc. but i’d do a ■■■■ easy supermarket job with 8/9 hour day shifts for £28K basic Tues - Sat. Especially if it’s 9am starts and walking distance from home like for the OP. I’d never leave.

Got to agree with this. Sometimes circumstances outweigh finances. I’ve recently turned down 2 job. One was More money but slightly longer hours. I currently have 33 days + bank holiday, they offered 20 days but had to use 10 days at Xmas. I get 6 months full sick pay, they offered SSP. I work 0630-1430 (usually leaving yard at 1410) once in 3 weeks then it’s 8-4 (3week rota). And today I’ve managed to get a 2hr30 mins dinner break. So no, money isn’t everything