M.C. is back by popular request

Aha, but a quick trip to Grange Hill is all that is needed to sort that one.

Well done, Pat. We make a good double-act…

If you’re still confused, do some web research on “Mornington Crescent”:

google.com/search?q=mornington%20crescent

Or maybe:

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … 35-5857255

Oh, and for the others, by saying “Mornington Crescent”, that wasn’t my move.

This is my move:

Marylebone.

(we’re close now…)

Cunning, very cunning. You are right, we are close so I’ll play a lateral traverse (allowable on Thursdays I believe) and in doing so seal the mainline stations north of the river.

KINGS X

A slightly risky move under the PFI rules I admit but it may just extend the game until the weekend.

You really put the blocks on there CH how I hate a lateral traverse :cry:

I can now play my Saturday Neep card (As you all know you can only go neep when there is an “A” in the day)

Hackney Central

Going neep has made this game a liitle unstable so I’ll try to underpin it with

Oxford Circus

Bakerloo line only of course to prevent a Parsons Rebuttal.

Circle line blocked clockwise
Mainline Stations bared north of the river
and now only Bakerloo line available :frowning:

Seems like a normal day in the capital :laughing:

This calls for a Post Parsons Piviot

I’m going saaauth of the river

Efalump & Castle

Clever move and I feel it is end game in two moves so about the only thing left for me to do is cut my losses and play

Kensal Green

It’s there for the taking.

Gone to the links, dug the A - Z out with the tube map in the back, followed the posts through and am STILL TOTALLY CONFUSED.

TheBigOne:
Gone to the links, dug the A - Z out with the tube map in the back, followed the posts through and am STILL TOTALLY CONFUSED.

That’s where you’re going wrong! That A-Z map is far to small and it only shows you the framework.
Where you need to start is with the booklet:- “Mornington Crescent Basic Rules” by Gladys Trellis.
You can sometimes find one listed on Amazon but they are fairly rare. On the inside back cover it list’s other material you need to swat up on once you’ve mastered the basic.

Now back to the game, nice bluff CH!! 2 moves indeed :unamused:

It’s Sunday and we’re using the P.F.I. variation in case you’d forgotten :imp:
If I’d fallen for that trick I would have been drummed out of the M.C.C. P.D.Q.

It’s P.F.I. we’re playing so…

Ashford International

Well you can’t blame a chap for trying when he has been double shunted like that. :smiley:

Nice move and I can see your intentions however you didn’t allow for the French fishermen blocking the tunnel with piles of rotting cod so your attempt is thwarted at.

Dover Priory

Now this is getting very close to putting us all in nip.

I think it needs brigning back under control with a nice safe play like

Ladbroke grove

Well, we avoided nip, but I’ll put us in Knip with:

Finsbury Park

zzarbean:

TheBigOne:

That’s where you’re going wrong! That A-Z map is far to small and it only shows you the framework.
Where you need to start is with the booklet:- “Mornington Crescent Basic Rules” by Gladys Trellis.
You can sometimes find one listed on Amazon but they are fairly rare. On the inside back cover it list’s other material you need to swat up on once you’ve mastered the basic.
Ashford International

Thanks Ted; that could well be a Christmas Prezzie sorted.

Because of the Knip I’ll play a Piccadilly Line safety move, used to good effect during the '94 IMC Finals.

Cockfosters

That could lead us up a blind alley if we’re not careful. :confused:

Sunday maintenance means buses replaces trains and allows me a lateral fluge.

High Barnet

Lovey fluge. Gives me the chance to play my second favourite move, my favourite would be illegal right now.

Parsons Green

Renamed Parsons Nose for Christmas week in memory of all those turkeys.

I can’t make a move in reply to my own move so this game seems to have ground to a halt. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Since the Tube has only recently re-opened after the christmas shutdown, it’s now legal to play a return move.

Parson’s Green eh? Hrm… a tricky customer you are.
Against a master of the game one must play sensibly.
So, Liverpool Street it is.

Having fluged on my last go I was of course prevented under PFI rules from having another go for 2 moves but now that I’m free of Fluge it’s out with the BIG GUNS

Euston

Ah Ha for a moment I thought I had you as my Kings X move, several moves ago, locked all the mainline stations north of the river. However I then checked the rules and saw that the fact we were in Knip of course unlocked them again.

I will bury your BIG GUNS with

Gunnersbury

:wink: :sunglasses: :smiley: