M.C. is back by popular request

With all the top dogs away looking through amber coloured glasses tonight, this is a great opportunity to bring back that great tactical game.

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

This is in response to someone who should know better so don’t blame me.

As it’s a while since we’ve played the game I’ll keep it simple by using the Ratsputine Variyation which as you all know allows Splurging on every alternate third turn. (but never on Wednesdays)
Also due to industrial action Circle Line calls are void.

That’s enough preamble lets get on with the game…

Ealing Broadway

Well, being an ISIHAC fan, and without knowing the history around why MC appears taboo here, I’ll jump in anyway…

Heathrow Terminal 2 (District line to Acton Town, then Piccadilly, avoiding the Shuffling penalty at Hammersmith).

Incidentally, ISIHAC’s back tomorrow (woohoo!)

zzarbean said
‘M.C. is back by popular request’

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Doesn’t look that popular to me! :blush:

Given the tone of the previous posting, I can only respond with a Double Monday Manouevre…which after careful bypassing of the aforementioned Circle Line brings us out at…Chalk Farm. :wink:

Get out of that…if you can.:grimacing:

Ah, the lateral side-swipe. A move that most amateurs mistakenly think is unbeatable…

Since it’s the Ratsputine Variyation, I’m able to use DLR on Mondays of odd-numbered months, so…

Cyprus.

Blimey I nip out for a few days and a couple of skilled and expert players appear :laughing:
It looks like I’m going to have my work cut out and I can’t even Splurge as this is the forth go :blush: :blush:
And there was no DLR when I were a lad :frowning:

OK Aldgate East with happy memories of the Red Lion

And there was me thinking you were trying to cheat by waiting until Friday so you could use the reverse diagonal to get into Spoon… :laughing:

:arrow_right: Aldgate.

Gad young sir be careful who you’re calling a cheat :exclamation: :exclamation:

Is it Friday yet :question:

No, oh well we’d best go and have a look at the

Shepherd’s Bush

Bummer - good move. Since it’s Children In Need night, there’s no way I can get out of Shepherd’s Bush until tomorrow - all those crowds…

And anyway, I wasn’t accusing you of cheating, just thought you might be, but then realised you weren’t.

Ah, that’s better - I’m free now.

In honour of today’s victory, I’ll do a quick stymie down to…

Twickenham.

MrFlibble your apologies are of course accepted :laughing: but this is Mornigton Crescent and certain standards have to be maintained :smiley:

All that now is water under the bridge and I calling that place beloved by all RDCs

KEW

What the hell is all this■■?, the only one I have fond memories of is FULHAM BROADWAY!

There is but one answer to that (and why do I not come in here more often?)

Kensington high street!

:question:

If you need an explanation, tune in to BBC Radio 4 on mondays at 1830, and repeats on Sundays at 1200. They play a game called “Mornington Crescent” on the show, and it is a game whose full rules are lost in the mists of time. Unless of course, you happen to be a member of the MMCC (Marlborough Mornington Crescent Club).

I’m Sorry, I haven’t a clue!

Rock on Humph!

MORNINGTON CRECENT DUE TO THE FACT THE UNDER GROUND DRIVERS ARE ON STRIKE IN THE MORNING

Oh well played sir :exclamation: :exclamation:

No one saw that coming :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I must say that the game played by the members of I.S.I.H.A.C. on Monday night was a classic example of how the game should be played. :laughing:
Even though they did the gentlemanly thing and let the girlie win. :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Does this mean none of you lot are gentlemen?

Let the girly win! I’ll teach you :angry: .

Let’s start another!
This time, using the new “PFI rules” where people are allowed to place vast quantites of cash on the lines and block other people’s moves. Standard rules on diagonals.

I’ll start:

Morden.

For those who are confused, I’ve just posted a link to the Useful Links forum where you can listen to the latest ISIHAC show. It’ll be working until next Monday, when it’ll be replaced by the next show.

Anyway, these “PFI rules” - never heard of them.

You say “Standard” rules on diagonals. Is that New Standard, or Old Standard (or even New Central Standard)?

Just thought we’d better get the rules clear before we start…

New standard of course.
I can see you’ve entered into the spirit of the PFI rules by jumping in to stop things with pointless quibling and pedantic arguing over minor points.
Of course, your next move should be to throw huge amounts of other people’s money away while you argue every move in sight, but that’s not to tell you how to play the game dear boy. :sunglasses:

Good show sir! :smiley:

(PFI = Private Finance Initiative - for those who don’t keep up with the news)