M.A.N curtains.

Pile of ■■■,why dont they put a rail stopper on the end of the curtain tracks,then have to fiddle and ■■■■ ■■■ around to glide the tiny hooks back in place,Mr Maggoo the inventer?

Mine does the same but some of the man fleet we have have the curtain stops fitted…weird!! But anyway you dont have to thread them back in just push the clips up into the runner and they pop back into place.

Sometimes it is easier to kip with the split curtain,the ones that go behind the seats,or RDC waiting curtains,where you can hide away in the day time curtains. :imp:

Bit of blue tack wedged in the end of the rails does the trick

They usually have stops on the rails but if they are missing roll up a small piece of cardboard and jam it in the end of the rail.

It’s all in the details…

toby1234abc:
Pile of ■■■,why dont they put a rail stopper on the end of the curtain tracks,then have to fiddle and ■■■■ ■■■ around to glide the tiny hooks back in place,Mr Maggoo the inventer?

You can get some plyers and pinch the end of the curtain rail so the curtains can’t come off, also what are those stupid little windows behind the seats for anyway most other units dont have them.

They seam to fall out easily even when truck is new!

I found blue tack or if your desperate chewing gum! lol

Not sure if its a cost saving thing.

Most of the old TGM’s I used to drive had them, but the newer TGX’s don’t seem to - must be a money thing!

Alex

The annoying thing is the curtain rail isn’t long enough and its a pain trying to cover that silly little window if you got a night out and are trying to keep out any light.

bald bloke:
The annoying thing is the curtain rail isn’t long enough and its a pain trying to cover that silly little window if you got a night out and are trying to keep out any light.

Blank it out with cardboard,■■■■■ looking i know but effective.
Can remember the 1st Man i drove and thinking some ■■■■■ nicked the curtains :imp:
Felt a bit of a ■■■ when another driver pointed out that they were stowed in the flip down locker above the screen :blush:

The curtains ■■■■. The stoppers fall off, so everyone in the company starts stealing each others.

The more enterprising drivers at our place have cut the cheapest available floor mats in halfords to a size to fit the small windows and black them out.

I must admit, I do like the small windows for peering out of when half asleep to see if the loaders are ready for you yet, but the chinks of light that the curtain never seems to cover are annoying.

The curtain stoppers fitted by MAN must be the most useless invention in history as they always ping off and usually drop down the air vents into oblivion so you will never see them again. Just crimp the curtian rails closed with a pair of pliers. Only problem then is that the curtains don’t quite cover the windows to block the light. Such un-necessary faffing around!

I really love the MAN’s, but the final touches seem to be lacking in a big way. For example, the interior lighting that flickers on and off, because the bulb holders don’t quite fit the bulbs. So you end up having to thump the cab roof all night to keep the lights on.

Seems the Russians must be taking the pee out of us by leaving the plastic stoppers off and fitting curtain tracks that are just that bit too short!. Mine came with not a single bleedin stopper on the tracks. Shame because it`s little things like this that let a decent truck down.

I just put a 8mm nut and bolt in the rail, i found the blue tack just kept falling out the rail.

toby1234abc:

Put a Chewing Gum in Place.