M.A.N. 8 wheel Tippers

Has anyone any experience of driving or operating MAN 8 wheel tippers, i’ve got a bit of a trial lined up with a firm and just wondered what to expect as i only drove Scania before, the trucks all look decent and i think there 02 reg onwards too, just trying to gain a bit of inside knowledge before Monday, are they 4 over 4 boxes etc…

The F series were bombproof, very surefooted on-road or off and very thirsty.

I think there the TG cab 430bhp i think.

who’s that for tobytyke jakto…? if so their a decent bunch of lads their.

164480:
who’s that for tobytyke jakto…? if so their a decent bunch of lads their.

No mate a company called Samurai on Carlton Ind Estate, i saw about 7 or 8 wagons the other Sunday in his yard so just asked for some experience he said he’d ring me and he has so hope i like it, 6am Monday i report.

if their anything like the tractors the following will apply.great g/change,4 over 4 with split on side and comfort shift.crap lock crap radio bad drivin position weird pedals .good pullers thou.

Well i have to report - drove an 04 Man on its 1st run since overturning, did a quarry run and smoking bad on return - new turbo ordered, took it off road, transferred to 07 reg Man - lots better, newer spec, did muck shifting all day with the boss in cab with me all day, hes rang me tonight to go back in at 6am, so off too bed lol…

tobytyke:
Well i have to report - drove an 04 Man on its 1st run since overturning…

Congrats on getting a job- I’d say that copying the last driver wouldn’t be a good career move…take it easy…please. :wink:

tobytyke:
…hes rang me tonight to go back in at 6am, so off too bed lol…

So you don’t want the job I’d lined up for you driving this??
and there was me thinking you like “T” cabs.

I couldn’t resist that little leg-pull :wink:
Good luck with your new job, I hope he takes you on… :smiley: Keep us updated??

Cheers Dave, way i see it its a mutual favour, im not looking 4 a job as such with them but days here and there i dont mind, hes letting me get experience and today and tomorrow i have a 460bhp Man tipper converted from an artic tractor unit, its ace but no radio lol…im taking pics so ill add when im not feeling tired, up at 5am so im off, look out for me in sheffield tomorrow.

tobytyke:
hes letting me get experience

That’s great mate. I’m very pleased for you.
It doesn’t matter what truck it is, because all experience counts. :wink:
Can we look forward to a diary?? (Please.)

Yeah Dave i’ll do a diary at weekend as i’m out 12 hrs a day and just chilling lol when i get home, heres a picture from today anyway, one of the drivers told me this motors chipped to 500 bhp, its helpful having the extra power though as it stills pulls if i miss a gear lol…

tobytyke:
Yeah Dave i’ll do a diary at weekend as i’m out 12 hrs a day and just chilling lol when i get home, heres a picture from today anyway, one of the drivers told me this motors chipped to 500 bhp, its helpful having the extra power though as it stills pulls if i miss a gear lol…

Nice pic tobytyke…anybody can miss a gear— guilty m’lud :blush:

Well i just finished my 1st week on the job and it turned into a proper working week lol…i oly really thought i was going out with a driver for a day or 2 to suss the job out, and i had a surprise too today as i got some beer tokens too. :smiley:

tobytyke:
and i had a surprise too today as i got some beer tokens too. :smiley:

Nice one tobytyke, good on ya mate.
Now you’re a proper trucker.
Job done :wink:

I like the livery on that MAN.

Glad you’re getting on well.