Lymm truckwash freebies

Lymm truckwash is giving away free tea/coffee and a biscuit on Wednesday and Thursday this week, courtesy of DAF.

You have to have the truck washed of course to qualify, so no tight arses need think they are getting a total freebie. :laughing:

Ken.

Nice of them…

To be chucking in a brew and biccy.

Putting on my rose tinted glasses, almost everywhere in Spain, many parts of Holland and to a lesser degree Portugal, free coffee or Coca-Cola was the order of the day every time you filled up the tanks.

Quinny:
Lymm truckwash is giving away free tea/coffee and a biscuit on Wednesday and Thursday this week, courtesy of DAF.

You have to have the truck washed of course to qualify, so no tight arses need think they are getting a total freebie. :laughing:

Ken.

When you say Lymm truckwash, do you mean the one at Lymm truckstop, or the one across the road which USED to be at Lymm truckstop but is now…across the road

yourhavingalarf:
Nice of them…

To be chucking in a brew and biccy.

Putting on my rose tinted glasses, almost everywhere in Spain, many parts of Holland and to a lesser degree Portugal, free coffee or Coca-Cola was the order of the day every time you filled up the tanks.

and if you were a regular, a goody bag at xmas

shullbit:

Quinny:

Ken.

When you say Lymm truckwash, do you mean the one at Lymm truckstop, or the one across the road which USED to be at Lymm truckstop but is now…across the road

The new one across the road.

Got mine yesterday, then went into the truckstop for diesel, and noticed that Moto have opened up the old one under their brand.

I sense a fall out hence the new one across the road.

Ken.

I believe the new one across the road is operated by the same people who used to operate on lymm itself before they got turfed out. Heard various reasons why but no idea if any of them are true. Rarely used them as I found them to be rubbish at what they did. I’d come into the site, get a wash then fuel up prior to a break. Filling up gave me a chance to see how good the job was, and it was bloody awful. Still had mud on the steps (I do a lot of site work), tidemarks on the tops of the wheel arches where the pressure washer had only swept over part of it, and bodywork still so dirty I could leave marks in the dirt with my fingers.

A couple of times I was so hacked off with them I drove straight back round and complained to management. They must have been aware of what was going on as they never once looked at my vehicle, just telling me to go through the wash again.

Eventually I just gave up bothering with them. A better use of my time would be to wait until it rains then drive a bit faster!