Luxguard.. [Luxemboug]

Hi…Anyof you oldens remember Luxguard from Luxembourg…They used to transport glass to UK. Dont see them anymore…Have they gone■■?

Doubt they have gone,they were big with delivers over here there where at least two English drivers ON for them they used HULL /Zeebrugge most of the time used to be loaded on the FERRY LAST ,SO FIRST OFF IN HULL .
They would do their delivers in the same day and catch the same ferry back at night, nearly all the time. never very sociable men .They were the only drivers that would take the chains off their lorries ,to be off the ramp and away, how they got away with it i do not know ,good customers i expect.
not as good as Bowkers though.

Yes deckboy I remember at least 4 english drivers on for them but I am going back many years. I havn’t been over for at least 25years , nor am I liable to again.

There was a TN member who used to drive for them, Penfold I think, but I remember him posting on here about them. Are they not called L.I.F.T or Guardian L.I.F.T now?

Iam sure one of the drivers still working will know. to be honest they had a good job ,did f----all.i could not understand how our english glass manufactures did not supply what was needed.maybe longer factory hours working in lux,if it was made in luxembourg■■?

I heard (for what it’s worth) Luxguard has been absorbed into the Nicolas Jacquet-group of Waremme.

Yes is WAREMME IN Belgium i know i have past it numerous times but been a while now, anyway , tony r is there a point to the question.why do you want to know.

Here an older MB in Luxguard livery

Luxguard-MB.jpg

Deckboy. I have been etired now for 6 yrs. And nothing better to do than go through pages on here and reminis on what was. It just came to me that I had not seen Luxguard about for quite a while and wondered if they still existed… At the time it was one of the best paid jobs in europe, and all loading and unloading was automated, just pull or push levers…Now going to ■■■■ on my wherthers. Very good Photo, Excellent livery…Tony.

Tony, enjoy your well-deserved retirement after your work-carreer! I do remember that besides Luxguard
and Nicolas Jacquet also Adam Offergeld, Nico Nijman (zeetank) were active in glass-transport.

Yes TONY R I do see where you are coming from," i thought you might have known a driver and was looking for him, no offence intended at all" .as i do the same, wonder where are lot of the old drivers are now,then i think ,i am glad i am no doing the job know.and on Saturday have a few cans extra as if i was parked up with the lads somewhere, sitting in them uncomfortably folding chairs ,freezing cold ,or hot ,telling tales of eventful or uneventful happenings .yes i would do it again…dbp.