Lupin Farm Collection and Show

windrush:
I wonder if the other Quest that Whorton’s ran has survived? It was a box van, a longer wheelbase than their tipper, I used to see it a lot when we ran to the West Midlands area. That road past Tippers from Kings Bromley to Alrewas used to be quite narrow until they widened it (in sections) in the nineties, we surfaced it from Ballidon. I remember we were still working near the A515 end and they opened the Alrewas section…and within an hour or so someone was killed on the new road so they closed it again. :cry:

Pete.

Pete

Arthur was a bit upset when they straightened the bends as he made a bit of money to repair the hedges

Tony

For the folks who aren’t aware of the date it’s 23rd AUG
For the folk that don’t know it’s off the A515 on the A523 Kings Bromley to Alrewas.

Worth a visit

Tony

Thank you for that Tony,see you there, Cheers Pete

rastone:
For the folk that don’t know it’s off the A515 on the A523 Kings Bromley to Alrewas.

Worth a visit

Tony

That’ll be the A513 Tony, the A523 is the Leek road to Hazel Grove, as that teacher said “must try harder”

Are you making a guest appearance this year yourself ?

1970commer:

rastone:

Worth a visit

Tony

That’ll be the A513 Tony, the A523 is the Leek road to Hazel Grove, as that teacher said “must try harder”

Are you making a guest appearance this year yourself ?

Just testing

Just a couple of snaps from today’s visit.

Well Mr Wakefield you snook off quick as did Mr Punchard.You must have known I wanted a new pen under warranty.
What a lot of stuff there was and hold ups but we got caught in the rain.Pity that as there was quite a few stalls and must have spoilt the job.Had a word with Edwin and as it’s 50yrs since the Transit came out the Sun Newspaper is wantng folk to write in I think, about them so Edwin has written something about his Transit,buying it etc.It’s 47yrs since I sold him that.What a lot of pictures I have to sort and find of other motors.

Tony

New Folde 004.jpg

New Folde 003.jpg

New Folde 002.jpg

New Folde 001.jpg

Great show Robert shame about the rain

The guy polishing is James bailey

rastone:
Well Mr Wakefield you snook off quick as did Mr Punchard.You must have known I wanted a new pen under warranty.
What a lot of stuff there was and hold ups but we got caught in the rain.Pity that as there was quite a few stalls and must have spoilt the job.Had a word with Edwin and as it’s 50yrs since the Transit came out the Sun Newspaper is wantng folk to write in I think, about them so Edwin has written something about his Transit,buying it etc.It’s 47yrs since I sold him that.What a lot of pictures I have to sort and find of other motors.

Tony

That’s a different place to mount your air horn on that Ford!!

David

Where are you Mr Wakefield.Are you looking in your office for pens ? ! Sorry I missed you,couldn’t sleep Sunday night. Suprised no puddles in Sudbury or Doveridge.What a pity the ending of the show.

Tony

5thwheel:

rastone:

Tony

That’s a different place to mount your air horn on that Ford!!

Anywhere is better than on the roof ,iam not a fan of drilling the roof or making an effort to run pipes and wires up ,The last 2 sets of horns I fitted were under the battery box and under the cab ,genuine Desilux brass train horns and air supplied through a half inch pipe .

David

pete smith:

Hello Pete

Did you go ?.Mr Wakefield and Mr Punchard cleared off early but I don’t blame them so I didn’t know who you were or are.I didn’t even talk to Reg Woodings but I did Steve.What a pity about the weather but you can’t order it can you ?
Had a good chat with Peter Riley but it started raining but we still kept talking as you do.He got his raincoat out of his cab but I was still in my shirt sleeves as jacket left in my mates car.I can’t multitask ! I don’t know how much they made I must will phone Edwin but I’ll bet it was more than the eleven grand last year.Last year they ran out of ice cream but not this.

Would like to meet you sometime but having a bit of a prob at the moment.

Tony

rastone:

pete smith:

Hello Pete

Did you go ?.Mr Wakefield and Mr Punchard cleared off early but I don’t blame them so I didn’t know who you were or are.I didn’t even talk to Reg Woodings but I did Steve.What a pity about the weather but you can’t order it can you ?
Had a good chat with Peter Riley but it started raining but we still kept talking as you do.He got his raincoat out of his cab but I was still in my shirt sleeves as jacket left in my mates car.I can’t multitask ! I don’t know how much they made I must will phone Edwin but I’ll bet it was more than the eleven grand last year.Last year they ran out of ice cream but not this.

Tony

Hi Tony,
No i could not make it due to the ex rottweiler changing day i have the kids,meet up would be no problem,name the pub!! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

rastone:

pete smith:

Hello Pete

Tony

Hi Tony,
No i could not make it due to the ex rottweiler changing day i have the kids,meet up would be no problem,name the pub!! Cheer’s Pete

Would like to do that but I can’t drive at present due to having a fit and My dear wife is having a few problems and has got to have the fault finding equipment connected so having to rely on relatives and some others as the kids live in lewis Brighton and Newcastle.But we do see the kids quite a bit which is more than some folk do
Tony

pete smith:

rastone:

pete smith:

Hello Pete

Tony

Hi Tony,

Hello Pete
Spoke to Edwin the other day and they made c£11600.Good job it didn’t rain at the start

Tony

rastone:

pete smith:

rastone:

pete smith:

Hello Pete

Tony

Hi Tony,

Hello Pete
Spoke to Edwin the other day and they made c£11600.Good job it didn’t rain at the start

Tony

Hi Tony, Thats a nice result considering the weather you had, Cheer’s Pete

Is the Lupin Farm show on 21st August?

yes pete

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:
yes pete

pete smith:

Cheer’s Mike, see you there if your going

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:
yes pete

pete smith:

Cheer’s Mike, see you there if your going

Hope I can meet you Pete.You might see me talking to Pete Riley from Hartington if he’s there.Actually sometimes you tend to walk about in a daze as there is so much stuff to see.Good charitys the give to aswell.Both do good work.My wife died last Feb and St Giles were wonderful.They visited at home and even sent a hospital bed ( Funny thing which there often is) one of my grandsons is going to save up for one " Cool he said "

Put a funny hat on or something or you best suit as nobody else will

Tony