Lukes Tops Tips #2 Fridges

I don’t normally post my videos on forums anymore since I have Twitter and Facebook pages for that now but I decided to post this one since it is aimed at new drivers. As you can guess all about fridges, something that people often panic about. Be warned though it’s quite long at half an hour and I’m quite serious in it so if you have no intention of ever doing fridge work you may have something more interesting to do with half an hour of your life. Hope you like it

http://www.lorry-driver.com/2012/07/lukes-top-tips-2-fridges.html

ONWARD>>>

But Luke I dont have twitter & dont have you on my facebook so dont get to see them

animal:
But Luke I dont have twitter & dont have you on my facebook so dont get to see them

Just like my facebook page and you’ll see everything I post

Thanks for that Luke! Refreshed the memory bank from my time at Sainsburys Elstree! #Goodtimes indeed! I might give PCL a ring now! lol

Some of us don’t use FB, does this mean we are ostracised from ‘the community’ for such actions!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not at all, twitter, Facebook and my website, plus the YouTube channel. There’s plenty of places to find and comment on my stuff. You don’t even need to sign in to anything to leave comments on http://www.lorry-driver.com

The reason I don’t post videos on here is far too many Trucknet people get completely the wrong idea about me when I do, so when I try and comment on unrelated stuff they throw back petty insults at me like that I’m an ‘attention seeker’ or ‘full of myself’ or think I’m ‘better than everyone else’. it would grind anyone down in the end.

So that’s three fridges on artics. Close enough, but the one I’m driving on a rigid wasn’t listed. To be expected if you don’t drive them you’ve not had experience of them…

Also. Tried watching it on the website and with all the other bouncing graphics around the site it got to about 1/3 and just stopped playing the video, so it was off to abuse your YT site direct, which you don’t seem to link to anymore…

Still, your choice I guess :wink:

Saratoga:
So that’s three fridges on artics. Close enough, but the one I’m driving on a rigid wasn’t listed. To be expected if you don’t drive them you’ve not had experience of them…

Also. Tried watching it on the website and with all the other bouncing graphics around the site it got to about 1/3 and just stopped playing the video, so it was off to abuse your YT site direct, which you don’t seem to link to anymore…

Still, your choice I guess :wink:

I have had experience of them on rigids many times, but I don’t have acess to a rigid fridge to film the video. I’d hope that since you already drive them you may know how to work them by now. But should you not I’m sure there are literally hundreds of people filming this type of video giving transport tips to new drivers for nothing…

The video is embedded, therefore it plays direct from YouTube. It was probably your Internet connection rather than YouTube. And all the links are still there, you obviously were too blind to see them :wink:

Thanks for reminding me though why I stopped posting links to my videos on Trucknet and why I shan’t anymore.

If it grinds you down Luke then you are paying too much attention it.
Look,this is how I see it personally,strangers can say anything they like because they don’t matter to me so it doesn’t matter what they say. Now,if it was a friend having a go I would think again or be upset.

Anyway,I see Bertie has grown a pair…of hands that is and he is quite an amusing fellow for an empty head,a fresh breeze if you will.

Regards.

switchlogic:
Thanks for reminding me though why I stopped posting links to my videos on Trucknet and why I shan’t anymore.

What, and leave me without interesting stuff to watch! Nooooo!

I dunno why your website doesn’t like me, but it’s certainly more snazzy then you used to have… :unamused:

No real proper training on the Fridges, just some advice from a mate, and here and the Boss telling me it’ll work automatically. Err, well, that didn’t work but thankfully at 3am there was someone to ask the first time I was out.

So this is the control panel in the cab, with the cover down over the controls

Cover flap up, Switched off

Switching on

Running

I understood the round circle with the two holes was the auto stop/start. After unplugging from the mains I’ve got to press the ‘Road’ button, it won’t come on automatically. (Even though it says it does!!!) The right hand figure is what it is now and the left hand figure is what it wants to be and this particular fridge is a noisy thing, I almost daren’t park in MSAs in the truck area as I can hear it from across the carpark. Even when it cranks up it spends ages cranking and is still noisy!

So, sorry if I was abusing you too much. Not my intention to do that, but it was still an interesting video :wink:

More useful information in that than 7 hours of DCPC for anyone that needs it.

Things like standing your ground with belligerent deckhands with faulty hook-up leads is the most invaluable sort of advice that a new driver won’t find in a manual.

Own Account Driver:
More useful information in that than 7 hours of DCPC

Indeed. Clearly Luke should be one of those role models for showing how its done :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to set myself up as a role model. Im just trying to help.

switchlogic:
I’m not trying to set myself up as a role model. Im just trying to help.

And help you do :slight_smile:

Heya Luke

Just watched this vid as im starting my first CE job tomorrow at an agency and its a night trunk job pulling fridges.

Found it really informative and feel like I have one less thing to worry about :slight_smile:

Ive seen a few of your vids before and always find them interesting and think your quite a funny guy and its clear you enjoy what you do!

Thanks very much!

Laters

Jay

That’s fantastic you made my day! Making a new driver feel a little more confident is exactly what the top tips videos to do. I wish you the best of luck with your first C+E shift, let us know how it goes. I still remember the big smile on my face as I pulled out the yard in an artic on my own for the first time. Enjoy it

Hi Luke

really intersting video and well explained. I must point out I am not a young guy starting out but more of an old guy starting out and the advise is great. One thing I have noticed with being a bit older is that the companies I work for assume that I know what I am doing and tend to throw me the keys and paperwork and say goodbye.

I am an agency driver and am glad of the work for sure but it can be a bit daunting with the variety of stuff I get to drive. I have never had a problem asking for help if I need it and I am surethat the younger guys may feel a bit reluctant to ask for the sake of seeming foolish.

Great Vid carry on with the good work

Regards

Truckist :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: