Lucky Farmer

I would have to agree with him, once he had been flung out of the cab I’d say his chances of getting run over by something would be pretty high

fwi.co.uk/news/miracle-im-a … ctor-crash

There’s plenty of these around here especially on the A614 and it amazes me its legal for something doing 20mph to have a single usually very poor beacon on the top.

Even worse is when they have a high trailer on the back (eg hay bales) with no beacon, which hides the one on the tractor.

Doesn’t generally excuse someone running into one on what looks a fairly straight road, especially at 3pm which shouldn’t be too dark, but would seriously help people seeing them which has to be better than people nearly being killed.

(Might help if farmers actually fixed their equipment especially trailer lights, but that’s nothing new).

Maybe she thought he needed a bump start. :slight_smile:

Deffo wasn’t a Merc then as going up that hill really sorts the men from the boys, engine wise!

I’ve driven horseboxes up there and seriously considered it would be quicker to ride the horse up!

Didn’t there used to be a crawler lane up there before they built the new bit??

good_friend:
I’ve driven horseboxes up there and seriously considered it would be quicker to ride the horse up!

Defo wasn’t a DAF either - current one can do 25mph up the M1 some days, so anything that used to have a crawler lane would be dead stop.

Was actually once passed by a tractor while driving a DAF so this could have been a MAN, a Volvo or one of those “S” things.

They do say “behind every great man, there’s a great woman” so maybe she was just trying to encourage him along. :wink:

Bet they took the crawler lane out thinking its not needed these days or its “too expensive and we’ve got more important projects to waste money on”.

There was never a crawler lane on Blunsdon hill and it is the second time “farmer boy” has been rear ended on the A419 :neutral_face:

Must be thinking about somewhere else then, or just going mad.

Either are perfectly possible

njl:
I would have to agree with him, once he had been flung out of the cab I’d say his chances of getting run over by something would be pretty high

Am I missing something here ? The “news” report says he was flung through the back window and landed on the trailer drawbar but in the picture the front screen is smashed ? Can’t really see the back window properly.

manski:
Am I missing something here ? The “news” report says he was flung through the back window …

Was baffled by the same as its definitely the front window broken, unless that just shattered in the impact. In two kinds as to whether you’d be thrown forwards or back from that kindof impact.

manski:

njl:

Am I missing something here ? The “news” report says he was flung through the back window and landed on the trailer drawbar but in the picture the front screen is smashed ? Can’t really see the back window properly.

Guess that with a snapped back axle the whole cab was shoved forward into the bonnet and engine?