Luckings transport info

:slight_smile: any one give any info on this company and what the moneys like i keep seeing their motors all over the place also any info on downtons transport and what their like to work for

cheers

dualflags:
any one give any info on this company and what the moneys like i keep seeing their motors all over the place also any info on downtons transport and what their like to work for ive seen about 60 of there trucks today

cheers

Downtons is ok if you get your head down and work but it depends on what depot your from to be honest.
£8 an hour Monday to Friday and £10.50 Saturday and Sunday £5 a day meal allowence,all the kit is decent and well maintained

yorkshire terrier:
£8 an hour Monday to Friday and £10.50 Saturday and Sunday £5 a day meal allowence,all the kit is decent and well maintained

What’s overtime rate and is it after 8 hrs?

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Straight through that I’m afraid :confused:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Surely a wind up and not serious? Can’t see anyone working for that. ■■■■■■■ buttons with a capital B. :open_mouth:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Surely a wind up and not serious? Can’t see anyone working for that. [zb] buttons with a capital B. :open_mouth:

lol…

Have seen the Downtown trucks about a lot myself and thought ‘maybe worth a crack for a few shifts’.

hahaha :laughing: if that’s the rate, no overtime, I’ll not bother!! Not sure it even counts as buttons that? Little stones I’d have said…:grimacing:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Surely a wind up and not serious? Can’t see anyone working for that. [zb] buttons with a capital B. :open_mouth:

Rate per hour running out of the Gloucestershire depot via the local agency is only £8.85 - £11.00

I used to go into glos about 6 yrs ago and do a tri change,I asked the f lt lads the wage and they said it depended if you had blue eyes etc as to what you got paid( drivers) ,was 6 ish yrs ago so maybe they now only pay a set wage whoever you are.

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

That’s the rate we get, casual lads get £8.97 an hour…we have a drivers ringing up every day and drawers full of applications.
A bloke came for a job from another firm in Leeds and said this was a massive pay rise :angry:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

That’s the rate we get, casual lads get £8.97 an hour…we have a drivers ringing up every day and drawers full of applications.
A bloke came for a job from another firm in Leeds and said this was a massive pay rise :angry:

If it’s the same company I’m thinking of, yes it is, but only up to 8 hours then the Downton rate becomes even more dire than it already is. And £10.50 for a Sunday? I charge more than that through the week and have no shortage of work. I think it might be time to bump my old ‘how can the rates ever improve?’ thread…

Rob K:
I think it might be time to bump my old ‘how can the rates ever improve?’ thread…

Don’t, I think we’ve heard it all before. You don’t want to risk becoming a Carryfast now do you? :wink:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

Rob K:

yorkshire terrier:

If it’s the same company I’m thinking of, yes it is, but only up to 8 hours then the Downton rate becomes even more dire than it already is. And £10.50 for a Sunday? I charge more than that through the week and have no shortage of work. I think it might be time to bump my old ‘how can the rates ever improve?’ thread…

Lucky Lucky You !
I make that £101 for 12 hours, about the average for distribution round Leeds I would’ve thought.

I know a few lads at a few different firms in our area and if we all did 60hr and 4 nights out there would be very little difference in our pay packet…
I’ve looked at moving elsewhere but nothing seems any better and I don’t really have to rush around like some firms and the planners at my depot always help you if you need to be home early etc etc.
I understand what your saying rob k but as an all round package downton suits me really

thanks for the info boys at the moment im on 10 hour straigt through but the office dicks are really starting to p…s me off so im out of the company im working for dont care if i have to drop wages cheers any way

hey terrior u been to lpool with them at all, ie prinovis i used to shunt for them i only left cos of 1 person u may know who i mean

iceman1:
hey terrior u been to lpool with them at all, ie prinovis i used to shunt for them i only left cos of 1 person u may know who i mean

Yes I used to be in there all the time not as much comes out from there now

switchlogic:

Rob K:
I think it might be time to bump my old ‘how can the rates ever improve?’ thread…

Don’t, I think we’ve heard it all before. You don’t want to risk becoming a Carryfast now do you? :wink:

Too late for that. He whines more than a reliant robin with 4 fat people in it going up a really steep hill. :smiley:

if its the luckings i am thinking of they are based in reading berks,they used to be in brentford a few years ago when i worked for them,they are theatrical removers moving stage sets up and down the uk,when i was there most of the drivers lived in their cabs 24/7you would do 5 days a week on general haulage with nights out the norm,but come the weekend you were expected to do the theatre work,so effectively working 7 days a week,running bent,i would not do it and had weekends off,i was pulled by the police in london one day for a multi agency check,they found the tacho needle had been bent [why i do not know]it was not my regular vehicle so i got away with it also a 5th wheel mounting bolt was loose,so that day i left the job as it was my licence at risk,having said that it was 1997,with the rules and regs that have come out since then they are probably running straight now,regarding the money i could not say

Re Luckings, ive been there since November and havent been asked to run bent.
Like has been said its mostly theatre work and music tours. You tend to work most w/e as that is when the theaters change shows. They also do euro work, im currently on my way to Barcelona for Monday am. Then load out Wed pm. You get paid for sitting and weekly breaks if away.
Its £80 a day M-F 100 Sat Sun £25 n/o. Not the best money but it depends on what you need.

truckman20:
they found the tacho needle had been bent

It was an amateurish way of hiding evidence of speeding. People would bend the stylus slightly downwards so they could do a higher speed than the card was marked at.

Obviously, it didn’t just mark it differently at motorway speeds and was very easy to detect.