LTD Driver Public liability Insurance

Evening ladies and gentlemen.

This is one for the LTD company drivers on here, I am about to take the plunge and Im looking for public Liability cover - upto 1 million pounds.

I am just looking for feedback as to who the best people to use and any helpful advice through this, and indeed the process of going down this route of LTD company.

Many thanks - in advance - as always.

You local high street indipentant broker should be able to help or point you in the right direction. Mine’s tagged on to my courier Public liability so can’t really say how much extra it is

Try Simplybusiness… gave mate a quote few months ago of about £179 … but then it pays to shop about

How much !!!

I know. £100 should be good enough for a couple of million of cover.

lightning:
Evening ladies and gentlemen.

This is one for the LTD company drivers on here, I am about to take the plunge and Im looking for public Liability cover - upto 1 million pounds.

I am just looking for feedback as to who the best people to use and any helpful advice through this, and indeed the process of going down this route of LTD company.

Many thanks - in advance - as always.

Who has told you to get PLI?
As there isn’t a requirement to have it, although several agencies seem to insist on it but don’t reflect the cost of it with enhanced rates :unamused:

I cant readily think of a situation where you would need public liability insurance as a driver as you should be covered for most if not all eventualities by the firm that you are driving fors insurance. You would not drive someone’s vehicle as a ltd driver and expect to pay for motor insurance. Public liability insurance is really more for builders and the likes, say for if you accidentally drill through a pipe and flood someone’s kitchen and the likes.

Ye I,ll go with that its not your goods its the company you drive for so you should’nt need it.

i was lead to belive it was a legal requirement ( possably not then ) rather like having to be L.T.D. company as you cannot be a sole trader under agency laws

Notimetoulouse:
i was lead to belive it was a legal requirement ( possably not then ) rather like having to be L.T.D. company as you cannot be a sole trader under agency laws

This sounds like Shafted by an agency into doing what they want …you become Ltd and then they push you to being paid by a ( their) dodgy umbrella company ! The tax bill will catch up one day mark my words…this is a subject done to death on here by the way.

Work for them on the books …or preferably find a full time job is my advice

No you can be a driver sole trader if it forms a portion of your turnover
The tax regs and allowances are better if you go ltd on your own and work direct. If it’s agency umbrella walk away

i started off ltd company with umbrella but soon changed when the goverment changed the goalposts years ago. so now have an accountant who is very good . so come next year im going to ditch the PLI as not needed