Ltd company ?

Is it worth going limited company if I’m only the 2 days a week for a agency ? I don’t mind the paper work that goes with if it means I get to keep more of my wages

I just done one day and earned £120 less 30% tax, less £25 for umbrella payment and got £59 for 10 hours. Sadly I won’t do that again !!!

that’s why its prob worth going limited company, and who was that working for driver hire ?

I’m also wondering about this. Getting charged £20 for 4 day week umbrella fee, over a grand a year not even full time. Looking at all the tax considerations ltd. co seems to be the way forward in terms of maximising take home pay as long as you stay outside IR35. Are there any experienced ltd. co drivers around who could shed some light on legitimately staying outside IR35? The right of substitution seems to me to be the main sticking point - I can’t see the agencies or their clients agreeing to me sending someone else in.

Bloody disgrace, i never worked anywhere before that you have to pay them to get paid

You don’t have to use the agencies umbrella company you can sign with anyone if they say you have to use there’s they are talking sh@@…

See if you can find a limited company administration business who are willing to pay you monthly rather than weekly. That will keep the fees down somewhat, although it still irks me that we have to pay someone to pay us.

I’m with 2 other agencies that don’t charge me anything so why do driver hire charge

newboy23:
I’m with 2 other agencies that don’t charge me anything so why do driver hire charge

Are you self employed or PAYE?

30% tax corporation tax is only 20% you should have got 71 after deductions but if your umbrella your tax and expenses aren’t as good as doing it your self

The £25 should be spread over the week btw

chunck247:

newboy23:

Are you self employed or PAYE?

I’m PAYE