Ltd company

Just looking for some info for working as a ltd company the pros cons and if it’s worth doing? Cheers.

top right corner you will see a search box, put ltd company in there and choose from any of about 100 threads.

LeeRoy84:
Just looking for some info for working as a ltd company the pros cons and if it’s worth doing? Cheers.

Why do you want to become a Ltd Co?

Ok ta, I went to register my details with an agencies and get talking to another bloke who was a ltd driver and he recomended it so just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

If it’s for agency’s only … Don’t bother doing it.

Why do you say that mate?

Best way found some acounters and he/she do all registration,make consultation to you.But i think not for free.

LeeRoy84:
Why do you say that mate?

The main and most important point, you will lose out working for the agencies as a Ltd Co driver, in comparison to a driver working for the agencies via PAYE. This is down to the poxy premiums they pay over and above PAYE rates, which doesnt cover the value of financial losses. This point has been repeated infinite times in 100s of posts. Im guessing only 0.05% of drivers actually manage to work independently outside the scope of agencies as Ltd Co drivers. Then out of most of those, many have been ripped off at some point by non payment from the hauliers. Can you stand not being paid by someone for 30, 60, 90+ days? You'll need enough to pay your bills while the hauliers cough up. Then unless your both familiar with and willing to do all the bookkeeping, invoicing etc, your going to have to pay someone else to do it. This is what 99% of drivers are unwilling to do, and ultimately let umbrella Cos do it.
Becoming Ltd Co drivers has now started to lose its charisma, due to many issues inc changes by HMRC to the rules