Ltd company Driver

Hi
Just seeking a bit off advice I’m a Ltd company driver working through an Agency as well as myself they placed me somewhere
for which I was there for 10 weeks but they then pulled me out & placed me elsewhere, in the meantime the driver they replaced me with had an accident so the company didn’t want him anymore & they asked me would I go there through my company.
Now I know if your agency you have to work at a place for a length of time to go temp to perm but as I’m not temp to perm but just using my company to work there am I allowed to do it without any repercussions ?

There’s not much they can do about it. They will get the hump as temp to perm through an agency is around 13 weeks or they charge a finders fee.
Firstly, will they find out? Second, do you care? Third, be prepared that by going direct all bridges with the agency will be burnt.

If you want to do the job, do it but don’t tell the agency.

I’ve always found the best policy with agencies is to tell them what they need to know and no more :wink:

You’d be alright as you’re not a person, you’re a company unless you’ve signed to say otherwise. Just don’t tell em anyway.

Thanks I’m gonna do it I do feel a bit guilty but I suppose you gotta think of no 1 first

essexandy1963:
Hi
Just seeking a bit off advice I’m a Ltd company driver working through an Agency as well as myself they placed me somewhere
for which I was there for 10 weeks but they then pulled me out & placed me elsewhere, in the meantime the driver they replaced me with had an accident so the company didn’t want him anymore & they asked me would I go there through my company.
Now I know if your agency you have to work at a place for a length of time to go temp to perm but as I’m not temp to perm but just using my company to work there am I allowed to do it without any repercussions ?

You can do what the hell you want. The agency are just a client of your Ltd Company, you are a sub-contractor of the agency. You don’t actually work for them. Unless they got you to sign a bit of paper saying your Ltd Company cannot do that there’s nothing they can do. They can’t go after the client because their contract states employees of the agency and your Ltd Company isn’t an employee of the agency, just a subcontractor/supplier of services to it.

This is one of those times where agencies over-enthusiasm for having self employed drivers comes to bite them in the arse.

essexandy1963:
Hi

You need to be careful. If the agency are on the ball they will have a contract in place that states the client has to pay £xxxx introduction fee if they take you on or continue to use you either as a contractor or via another agency. If you go contract to them direct and then the agency finds out AND they have the above in place, then you’re likely to find yourself being told that they can’t use you for x period until the ‘introductory’ period put in place by your original agency has expired as the client won’t want to pay the agency fee. Of course, once the agency gets wind of this then they’ll forever hold it against you and you can kiss goodbye to whatever relationship you had with them.

I just had more information from the company I’m gonna do the work for they were gonna dump my agency as the driver who had the accident was on temp to perm before he had 10 weeks sick but apparently when they asked to see his medical certificate it stated he must inform Dvla of his intention to go back to work as he had his license withdrawn due to a Blood Pressure issue so there saying the agency sent him back without a license so they told the agency they could go do one.

Sounds like the doors wide open for you. Good luck.