LPW TRUCKWASH????

anyone know whats happened■■? have they gone to the wall,

clacket lane sites are shut and so is rownham services site, tried ringing their number on the web site but that is disconnected, soit possibley looks like they are no more, unless anyone knows different :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

we have them on-site at our Rugby depot and they were working as normal today , used the Cherwell Valley one yesterday . Will pop in one tomorrow and have a nosey :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope they haven’t packed in , they were handy , and we run WHITE TRACTORS AND TRAILERS :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Me again :smiley: , just chatting with another driver and he used the Purfleet one this morning.

Peteandbrenda… is your truck really filthy and maybe they just saw you coming :question:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

cant uderstand why their phone number does not work! and like i say the sites at clacket lane both sides are shut and at Rownhams services at southmpton are the same. even the big motorised brushes are gone

They are probably just shutting the non profitable sites, tbh unless they can justify building a full size rig, them stand alone brushes are a bit of a faff.

I was Chatting to the manager at Lymm…as far as he was aware they went into administration week before last

I spoke to the recovery guys who where filling their water up at the LPW site on Hartshead Moor today. He said…“they’ve lost the contract, and something about changing the name”

The smaller services ones are just franchises and perhaps aren’t getting the business whereas the main truckwash ‘centres’ like purfleet are the ones making the money, theyre far quicker and better than the services anyway IMO.

Is south mimms still going?

They’ve changed the name to LPW Europe so may just be restructuring the company.

Silver_Surfer:
They’ve changed the name to LPW Europe so may just be restructuring the company.

that sounds like a buy back from the receiver, there is a name for it but cant remember, bulmans did it, gets rid of your debets and you start again

How come this thread is still running? If I said Ted Tinkle Transport had called in the receivers it would have been padlocked until the paper boy had delivered the latest London Gazette

Wheel Nut:
How come this thread is still running? If I said Ted Tinkle Transport had called in the receivers it would have been padlocked until the paper boy had delivered the latest London Gazette

Its a fact the LPW washes at the MSA’s are closed down and not due to open imminently. Given the fact that MSA’s are not meant to be a destination in their own right then it can’t be bad for buisness for someone not to go there for a lorry wash based on information that they are not open.

Mike-C:

Wheel Nut:

Its a fact the LPW washes at the MSA’s are closed down and not due to open imminently. Given the fact that MSA’s are not meant to be a destination in their own right then it can’t be bad for buisness for someone not to go there for a lorry wash based on information that they are not open.

can you put that in plan english or i am i just being thick the way i am reading it :question: :question: :question: :question: :blush: :blush: :blush:

the one in whitwood is still going strong judging by the queue there friday afternoon

They’re fine, just shutting the slow ones and expanding in to Europe i’d say, they have a near monopoly at MSA’s now so would be surprised if they bump.

The interesting thing was that the MSA franchise was first muted on Dragons Den but the dragons were defeated and he got his backing from LPW

Silver_Surfer:
They’re fine, just shutting the slow ones and expanding in to Europe i’d say, they have a near monopoly at MSA’s now so would be surprised if they bump.

if they were shutting the slow ones whys clacket lane shut nearly always had to wait to get washed i know they were doing something like 40 a day on a good day something dont quite make sence

Hi,
I used the one on Stafford services which has been shut for 2 weeks now, on a regular route for me it was handy.
It always seemed to be busy, hope someone else takes it on at that site.

peteandbrenda:

Silver_Surfer:

if they were shutting the slow ones whys clacket lane shut nearly always had to wait to get washed i know they were doing something like 40 a day on a good day something dont quite make sence

The only thing that doesn’t make sense about it is that pallet buisnesses are still allowed to operate on the MSA’s !!! The MSA’s are supposed to offer only services to passing motorists i.e fuel, food , recouperation. They are not supposed to operate stand alone buisnesses that attract customers. Its a breach of the MSA signage agreement. How on earth they managed to get contract cleaners on rest areas i’ll never know. What i mean is that drivers will enter the MSA for as truck wash whether they need a break or not, this is unessecary traffic into the MSA. Mind you , the MSA’s haver managed to swing it so they can have bookies at some sites, so what do i know !!
Maybe the MSA’s just got the water bill !!!

Date:
16 December 2009
Issue Number:
Page number:
Publication Date: Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Notice Code: 2410

Appointment of Administrators

In the High Court of Justice No 21633 of 2009

LPW GROUP LIMITED

(Company Number 06557826)

Nature of Business: Provision of Commercial Vehicle Cleaning.

Registered Office of Company: 4 St Giles Court, Southampton Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 2QL.

Date of Appointment: 7 December 2009.

Joint Administrators’ Names and Address: P R Boyle and John C Sallabank (IP Nos 008897 and 008099), Harrisons, 4 St Giles Court, Southampton Street, Reading RG1 2QL.

(1000323)
thanks delboytwo that is the one
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: