Loyds of ludlow

seen one in brighouse today delivering steel are they still going ■■? or have they started up again it was a 4 series scania any ideas on it lads or have you heard ought :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi dreva,
They still run about six lorries,the daughter of one the brothers runs it now.

Hi boys
There used to be a young lad that drove for Lloyds hauling steel out of Shotton on to the continent same time as us seventies/eighties I think his name was Billy, high pitched voice. Does any one remember him? I think he also worked for Glyn Swain.Swains of Streton.

Regards Keith.

dessert driver:
Hi boys
There used to be a young lad that drove for Lloyds hauling steel out of Shotton on to the continent same time as us seventies/eighties I think his name was Billy, high pitched voice. Does any one remember him? I think he also worked for Glyn Swain.Swains of Streton.

Regards Keith.

That will be billy nick.
I don’t know where he’s working now though.
I’ll ask his brother when he’s tipping at our place.He’s in most days.
Tonyb

Hi boys
Tony whare’s your place then I see your from Shropshire?

Regards Keith

I live in Craven arms,but i work at shobdon.His brother works for cj moriss in craven arms.

Hi boys
Tony, am I right in thinking Martyn Price packed up a couple of years ago, only there is still a Scani running around with his name on.and what happend to his T cab.

Regards Keith.

dessert driver:
Hi boys
Tony, am I right in thinking Martyn Price packed up a couple of years ago, only there is still a Scani running around with his name on.and what happend to his T cab.

Regards Keith.

Yes he packed up.He now runs the motorhome place at marshbrook.
I think he’s got the scania tcab parked at his house.I don’t know where anymore are.
Is the one youv’e seen blue.If it is it’s his brother mervyn with a tipper on.
Who do you work for?

Tonyb

Hi boys
Yes Tony it was blue.For the last 16 years i’ve worked for G Mayer plant hire from Coton near Whitchurch. either on the spanners in a Sprinter van but mostly in this 144/530

I’ve been keeping it polished in case I meet Dave in his van around Shropshire. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith.

Lloyds have two motors still running, They do outloads for Multiserv and source their own backloads. The place in Brighouse would have been Frith Steels.

dessert driver:
Hi boys
Yes Tony it was blue.For the last 16 years i’ve worked for G Mayer plant hire from Coton near Whitchurch. either on the spanners in a Sprinter van but mostly in this 144/530

I’ve been keeping it polished in case I meet Dave in his van around Shropshire. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith.

I was speaking to billy’s brother today and he said he’s working at a fire door making company at bromfield.He does a bit of driving but not as much as he likes i suppose.
Do you ever get down to the sales at shobdon with plant? theres always lowloaders going in and out of there.

Tonyb

cheers for that kate and dave :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi boys
Thanks Tony It’s nice to know Billys still around.
Never been down to Shobdon the boss exports all the big stuff to Sweden when it reaches 12 month old and the smaller plant he usally trades in or sells privately before it gets to 4 years old.We run about 160 bits of plant nationwide so he usally buys new to keep up reliabilaty.He did put a 3cx and mini digger in the plant sale at Shrewsbury the other month but brought them back as they dident make his reserve. That photo was taken at Lightmore Telford 12 months ago. I had just loaded that Volvo 240 and was on route to Immingham docks to go to a dealer in Sweden.

Regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi boys
Thanks Tony It’s nice to know Billys still around.
Never been down to Shobdon the boss exports all the big stuff to Sweden when it reaches 12 month old and the smaller plant he usally trades in or sells privately before it gets to 4 years old.We run about 160 bits of plant nationwide so he usally buys new to keep up reliabilaty.He did put a 3cx and mini digger in the plant sale at Shrewsbury the other month but brought them back as they dident make his reserve. That photo was taken at Lightmore Telford 12 months ago. I had just loaded that Volvo 240 and was on route to Immingham docks to go to a dealer in Sweden.

Regards Keith

hi mate billy is driving for britapart on a four wheeler merc
my uncle used to work with him at Lloyd"ys & glyn swains, billy knows everybody!!! & i mean everybody, he still has a squeaky voice
if you let me know who you are i"ll ring him & let him know your asking after him
cheers shaun

According to his brother he was at bromfield working.He left britpart a while ago.

tonyb

Hi boys
Shaun Thanks for that, Ask him if he remembers P M Millington and Sons.My father,Peter had a tilt and my younger brother Robert and myself had flats all with coil wells.All with Scanias ranging from 110s to 141s over a ten year period from 1976 to 1986. Red with a white diamond on the front.see my avitor Mostly running out together on a Sunday night or Monday morning to dover.
Sounds as if he’s still keeping busy :smiley:

Regards Keith

Hi Shaun,
Can you ask your uncle if he knows the Knighton drivers,who drove for Cadwalladers. Dave License,Cleat Lewis, Dave Matheson and a few others.
Cheers Dave.
PS.
I put this on the wrong thread,apologies,meant to put it on the Caddy- Dee Valley one,your uncle still might know them though.

Dave the Renegade:
Hi Shaun,
Can you ask your uncle if he knows the Knighton drivers,who drove for Cadwalladers. Dave License,Cleat Lewis, Dave Matheson and a few others.
Cheers Dave.
PS.
I put this on the wrong thread,apologies,meant to put it on the Caddy- Dee Valley one,your uncle still might know them though.

Hi dave i will ask my uncle Paul Cadwallader, i"ve heard him talk of Cleat possible same bloke. Paul or Robin Hood to alot of Lloyds boys may know him, used to have
a Seddon Atki 401 ( Paul & Sue Cadwallader ) from west Wales often seen on the A49 heading to Chirk with woodchips & Jipp a black & white bourder collie
running shot gun, some say the dog drove & Paul ran shot gun!!! Rum buggers the pare of them! when he packed in he went to Lloyds on E reg 113.
we are Caddys of Rodington ( CADWALLADER BROS ) had ERF Scania Vabis,80,81 & 110 Green cab Red chassis White roof some Atki"s in GKN & ICI
Had 26 Trucks in there hay day, I"ll post some pic"s when i get chance but sadly not got many any help would be well recieved !
Cheers Shaun Cad

Hi Shaun,
Is Paul a Knighton bloke. I was in the same form as a Paul Cadwallader,but he went in the RAF,haven’t heard of him since.
Cheers Dave.

Hi boys

Hi dave i will ask my uncle Paul Cadwallader, i"ve heard him talk of Cleat possible same bloke. Paul or Robin Hood to alot of Lloyds boys may know him, used to have
a Seddon Atki 401 ( Paul & Sue Cadwallader ) from west Wales often seen on the A49 heading to Chirk with woodchips & Jipp a black & white bourder collie
running shot gun, some say the dog drove & Paul ran shot gun!!! Rum buggers the pare of them! when he packed in he went to Lloyds on E reg 113.
we are Caddys of Rodington ( CADWALLADER BROS ) had ERF Scania Vabis,80,81 & 110 Green cab Red chassis White roof some Atki"s in GKN & ICI
Had 26 Trucks in there hay day, I"ll post some pic"s when i get chance but sadly not got many any help would be well recieved !
Cheers Shaun Cad
[/quote]

[/quote]
Shaun I remember those green trucks, It was said in our parts that it was not posibale to pass one as you could not go quick anough :smiley: When I first started I had a Bedford TK 12.35ton gross and one early morning I was heading south on the A49 loaded up with fertilizer and had followed one of Cadwallader Bros for a while. I managed to pass him going up Queens head south of Leominster, well it must have upset him because he was up my arse all the way through Hereford :smiley: The worst part was no one beleaved me when I got back :smiley: :smiley:
Do you have any trucks nowadays. Did’nt you used to carry scrap metal in tippers.

Regards Keith.